USPS tracking?

Hi, im in Queensland, Australia and i purchased an item from a seller in the US but they sent the wrong part.

Upon telling the seller, they said they would send the correct part and supplied me with a USPS tracking number.

But the tracking is saying the item was 'Delivered' to an address in the USA, Kentucky.

I told the seller who replied with this answer.

Hello
your item is in transit to your destination. The Kentucky address shown is the USA departure point.

The tracking info was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivered ERLANGER, KY 41025 April 23, 2016 2:27 am
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility CINCINNATI, OH 45234 April 23, 2016 12:16 am
Arrived at Post Office CINCINNATI, OH 45234 April 23, 2016 12:16 am
Departed USPS Origin Facility PHOENIX, AZ 85043 April 22, 2016 1:11 am
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility PHOENIX, AZ 85043 April 22, 2016 12:46 am
Departed Post Office AVONDALE, AZ 85323 April 21, 2016 3:05 pm
Picked Up AVONDALE, AZ 85323 April 21, 2016 1:31 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This doesnt sold correct to me, can anyone please enlighten me as to if they feel this is dodgy?

Thankyou.

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller is sending the item via the GSP which is the safest method of posting for him as it is fully tacked and insured.

Erlanger KY is the depot where the paperwork for international shipping is completed and the items are appropriately packed.  The next step in the tracking will be that the parcel is with the carrier for shipping to the international destination.

That means that it has been handed to FedEx for delivery to Australia.