Where can I get cheap postage and packaging or satchels from?

Hi There,

I am a newbie and living in Australia and didn't realize how expensive the standard postage is. I am only selling very light clothing and it cost $8.45 standard postage and $1.70 for the packaging envelopes and I thought it would be the latter,so all up $10.15.

I put $5.00 per a garment,thinking it would cost me $1.70 for postage,so forking out for the postage.I need to sell 15-25 items before I can sell world wide.Be so happy if anyone knows a cheaper of doing this.Ebay cost $7.45 doing it online with them.

Any ideas when be appreciated Please.

Thanks MAudie

View Entire Topic

If you think postage within Australia is expensive wait until you see how much it costs to post overseas by a method that qualifies for seller protection.

You can send some clothes as a large letter if you can pack them thin enough so the parcel is less than 2cm thick, no tracking unless you pay for reg post so with the increased charges for letters not a lot cheaper than a parcel.

The cheapest way of using Aus Post is to buy the ebay satchels and use the ebay label facility. You pay a few cents for the satchel then it is $7.15 for up to 500g and $11.70 for 300g - 3kg.

You will find most clothes sellers charge around $8 for the average garment.

I am unsure why you are paying for a store, you would be much better using up the 40 free listings a month you get with a non store account and list your items as auctions or BINs with a realistic price. If I see brand new clothing being sold for such low amounts I assume they must pretty much be rubbish.

You need to look at your listings as well, I don't know if it is just my browser but there are only markers where I presume there are meant to be photos and you have a numbered list which doesn't really 'sell' the item and you don't give any measurements, a must if you want to be successful selling clothes.