why am I charged final value fees on shipping

I have just recieved my monthly invoice and I cant believe to see the final value fee on shipping, I think it is rediculous that there is a final value fee then on top of that final value fee on shipping. we have to in turn charge the customer more for shiping and they complain that shipping is so expensive, then still have another $1 in paypal fees. so to sell my 15.00 item I only get $11.00

not happy

View Entire Topic

i feel the same way you do, and i only charge $2.50 on top of postage and i get abused by buyers telling me i am ripping them off, i try to explain to them that this small charge doesn't even cover the cost of ebay and paypal fees let alone my time, packaging etc and now we have GST on top of the ebay fee as well. It is just becoming a waste of time to sell on ebay unless you post your items for a high starting price and charge more then $3.00 for handling fees (but that makes ebay buyers mad).

I just feel like giving up on selling on ebay with all the fees, i might as well donate my stuff to the op shop and not waste my time and effort selling.