I recently won the bid on an item. I cant afford the $160 freight charge and want to pick it up

zuesrx4
Community Member

I recently won the bid on an item. I cant afford the $160 freight charge and want to pick it up myself.

the seller wont let me. Now I dont want it . as its way over budget. what do i do? can I get out of it as I havnt paid yet? Ill take it if he lets me pick it up.

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This is something that should have been sorted out with the seller before you bought the item.

No seller is obliged to allow you to pick up an item unless it is in the listing or you have arranged to pick it up before you buy.  You should always factor the delivery charges into your bid price.

You can try asking the seller to cancel the transaction but he is not obliged to do so and may instead open a Non Paying Bidder dispute and issue you with a strike.  If you only have one of these it will not impact on your account at this stage but if you get any more you may find yourself being blocked from trading with seller who have their Buyer Blocks in place.