Hi, Do you state "Important: Only use Escrow.com" anywhere on the site?

Hi, Do you state "Important: Only use Escrow.com" anywhere on the site? I was looking up escrow services because I'm looking at buying 1997 Harley Davidson FXR #172436063133
from thunderball62 and want a safe way of having my payment held until I've seen the bike. I Googled "escrow service" and found a link saying "Using escrow services for eBay Motors vehicles purchases" I selected this link and it came up as an eBay screen saying "pages.ebay.com>Help>Payment & Shipping>paying for items". This is the page that came up supposedly your site (is this your eBay site because I can't find this information on any of your pages):-

"Hi! Sign in or register Daily Deals Gift Cards Sell Help & ContactShop now

My eBay
Expand My eBay

Home > Help >Payment & shipping>Paying for items>Using escrow services for eBay Motors vehicle purchases
Help
Browse help
Searching & researching
Bidding & buying
Selling & seller fees
Payment & shipping
Paying for items
Receiving payment
Packing & shipping items
Feedback
Membership & account

eBay glossary

eBay acronyms

A-Z index
Search the help pages
(Does not search for items or products)

Tips
Example: 'payment methods'
Using escrow services for eBay Motors vehicle purchases
In this article

Use caution when considering an escrow service
Adding escrow to a vehicle listing
The escrow process
International escrow services approved by eBay

Important: Only use Escrow.com.

Using Escrow.com can help keep buyers and sellers safe from fraud. When you use Escrow.com, they collect the money from the buyer and hold it until the buyer and seller agree that the terms of the sale have been met. Once both parties are satisfied, Escrow.com sends the payment to the seller. Escrow.com is licensed and regulated company, and the only escrow service that can be used for eBay transactions.

Escrow is available for any purchase, but typically is used for eBay Motors vehicle purchases of $500.00 or more.
Use caution when considering an escrow service

You should only use Escrow.com, eBay's approved escrow service.

If your trading partner refuses to use Escrow.com, please cancel the transaction and report your trading partner to us by clicking Help & Contact at the top of most eBay pages.

Don't click links in any emails that claim to be from Escrow.com, or any escrow service, because they could be fraudulent. Instead, type www.escrow.com into the address bar of your web browser and proceed from there.

If you're a seller, be cautious about buyers claiming to have paid for an item through an escrow service other than Escrow.com.

Look at the listing to see the seller's policy about escrow. If it's not clear, contact the seller.

There are fees to use escrow. Buyers and sellers should agree before the close of a transaction which party will pay those fees. You can use the fee calculator at Escrow.com to determine how much it will cost.

For more information about protecting yourself from fraudulent escrow providers and spoof web sites, visit the eBay Security Center and take the Spoof tutorial.
Adding escrow to a vehicle listing

When you list a vehicle on eBay Motors you can offer an escrow option. To offer escrow, select the Other option in the Payment methods section of the listing form, located on page 6, Payment & Shipping. In the Additional payment instructions section, indicate that you're offering the buyer the option to pay using Escrow.com.
The escrow process

If you have decided to use escrow, here's how it works:

Both parties (buyer and seller) agree to use Escrow.com.

The buyer sends payment to Escrow.com rather than directly to the seller.

Escrow.com tracks the shipment of the item.

The buyer inspects the item and lets Escrow.com know whether they accept it or not.

If the item is accepted (or the inspection period runs out), the funds are paid to the seller by check.

If the item is not accepted, the buyer must return the item to the seller. In this case, the buyer is required to pay the return shipping fee and the escrow fee. This rule minimizes casual returns. Payment, minus the escrow fees, is then returned to the buyer.

For more about the escrow process, please visit Escrow.com.
International escrow services approved by eBay

For international transactions, eBay has approved the following escrow services:

www.eBay.au users: Escrow.com

www.eBay.it and www.eBay.es users: Escrow Europa

www.eBay.de users: iloxx Safe Trade

Contact Customer Service
If you're looking for more help or have a question to ask, please contact us.

Contact us

Have a question? We can help.

Ask eBay members

Get help from other eBay members. Visit the Answer Center to post a question.
Related help topics

Choosing a payment method (for buyers)

About our buyer protection programs

Additional site navigation

About eBay Announcements Community Security Center Resolution Center Seller Information Center Policies Affiliates Help & Contact Site Map

Copyright © 1995-2016 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. User Agreement, Privacy, Cookies and AdChoice".

Can you please clarify the situation?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)