Revoked bid.

chrifain-0
Community Member

I bid on an item and was soon the underbidder. At this time I proceeded to not be interested any further and my plans changed regarding this. In the late hours of the auction I received a message to my computer saying the other bid had been retracted (302131338507) and I was now the high bidder. Unfortunately I was not home and did not get a chace to read this or revoke my bid, I may have even been asleep due to time differences. So, as far as I am concerned I do not want this item and I can not understand how it is permissible to revoke a bid once placed. Please cancel my bid as the seller has opened a case for an unpaid item.

Rgds,

Chris.

View Entire Topic

People here cannot cancel your bid, we are not ebay staff (they do not read these boards)

The seller has every right to open an unpaid dispute as they are charged fees as soon as an item 'sells' (even if it has not been paid for) not to mention their time wasted. Which is why people should not place any bids unless they want the item. It is not the seller's fault you changed your mind

You cannot  understand how it is  permissible to revoke a bid but you  find it alright to refuse to pay?

If you do not want it, best course of action is to pay for it and sell it yourself once it arrives, this avoids you getting a strike against your account which will cause problems (as many sellers block non-payers) if you make a habit of doing this