bought digital download, listing was deleted, cant open case

I recently purchased a digital download of No Man’s Sky for PS4. The game is a new release and the digital download was very cheap (about $32AU) so I went ahead a bought it before someone else did, unaware that reselling digitally downloaded games is illegal, since when bought online the initial buyer only has a license to play the games, not resell.

I was required to use the sellers login details for the Playstation Network to download the game to my PS4. I started the download but in the process googled to find out others experience with sales like this on ebay, only to find out it wasn’t legal (I’m new to the digital downloading of games and Playstation, so I had no idea). I deleted before the download finished, thinking I might somehow have legal issues since I was a part of purchasing an illegal game. My mistake, I waited till the next day to open a dispute with ebay in the resolution centre, but the listing had been removed from ebay so I was unable to open a dispute. I went to my purchase history, the item has the picture removed with this message bellow
“We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.”
I was unable to open a case so I decide to do a return with the seller, explaining to them the download is illegal, and I deleted the download before it finished so I never received the order. But they refuse a return and the return case was closed. I’m now completely stuck with ebay, because according to them the item doesn’t exist, because they deleted the item from their site.

I then went to paypal and opened a case, I was prompted with message from ebay saying there was a case open with ebay (even though there was no active case), but I could close that and open with paypal. Paypal message me a few days later saying:
‘Thanks for your patience during our review of this case. Your seller has provided shipment tracking information in response to your claim. We used the shipping company's online tracking service and found that the item was delivered to you. As a result, this case has been closed in favour of your seller’
The seller provided me with the download details via ebay message, they then marked the item as shipped from ebay. They never provided shipping or tracking details via ebay or paypal, so I’m confused as to why paypal claims they had checked the tracking and the carrier details. The case was closed and I was unable to do anything further. I’m now stuck with obviously no game, and the seller has got my money. Sorry if this was long I felt I should provide as much details as possible. I paid via paypal, with paypal balance and my credit card.

Any solutions to this? I’m completely unable to contact ebay it seems via email, and paypal are just as hopeless. How do I get a refund?

View Entire Topic

Call PayPal and explain to a person.

They are usually very good. Much better than eBay.

Ask a Question