eBay international

goodby66
Community Member

Hi, I have had $196.10 taken from my bank account from eBay International but l have not bought from anything. I have viewed my PayPal account but nothing is showing to this amount. I did see my bank but they were not very helpful saying that when they  did a review, eBay IT had sent them a letter showing direct debit.

View Entire Topic

You've sold 4 pieces of camera equipment totalling $1981.60, including postage. EBay has taken their fees from those sales. EBay's fees are 9.9% including postage costs. The fees for those sales, including the fees on postage come to $196.18. It depends on when your billing cycle is as to when the fees are taken. Mine is the 15th of each month, so around that time I will receive an invoice from eBay letting me know what my fees are. Some time over the next few weeks they'll take the fees from my PayPal account. If there are no funds in there, it comes from my nominated bank account.

Your items sold mid month, so probably showed up on September's invoice and they've just taken the money now. Nothing underhanded going on. That's just how it works. If you plan to sell more and you don't want to be slogged fees in one hit, you can make payments after each item sells. If you give them 9.9% of the total cost including postage, then when your invoice comes in, you won't own them anything and you may even be a few cents in credit.

That said, the advice already given was good. NEVER EVER click on links in eBay or PayPal emails, even if they look legitimate. Always access via your account. Scam emails look exactly like genuine emails and will even take you to a genuine looking site so you'll log in. Once upon a time you could easily pick a scam email because it didn't call you by name. These days some are able to call you by name, so you can no longer rely on that.

Ask a Question