Click and collect promotion is rubbish

wozbond
Community Member

Tried to purchase two separate Supercheap Auto products from eBay using the 15 per cent off Click and Collect promotion. Both items are listed as out of stock at all three of my local stores. But attempt to purchase either product via Supercheap's own website, and like magic, both products are listed as in stock at the same three stores.

I can't help wondering if any eBay listings from Dick Smith, Masters or Supercheap Auto are currently available via eBay. I suspect that stock levels will however magically reset as soon as the promotion is over.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Most probably a 'diversionary tactic' for the 'big boys'.....directing ito their own store

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

wozbond wrote:

Tried to purchase two separate Supercheap Auto products from eBay using the 15 per cent off Click and Collect promotion. Both items are listed as out of stock at all three of my local stores. But attempt to purchase either product via Supercheap's own website, and like magic, both products are listed as in stock at the same three stores.

I can't help wondering if any eBay listings from Dick Smith, Masters or Supercheap Auto are currently available via eBay. I suspect that stock levels will however magically reset as soon as the promotion is over.

I tried to purchase 6 different items this arvo through the click & collect promotion. NOT ONE BIG W, or Woolies had any of the items in stock near my suburb in Adelaide. l know that we are a bit of a Backwater Town, but hey. NO STORE in any Adelaide suburbs has ANY OF MY PURCHASE REQUESTS !!!!!!     RIGHT, A BIG BIT SUSS !!!!!

Mr. Big W, and Mr, Woolies you can fool some of your shoppers, some of the time, BUT NOT all your shoppers, ALL THE TIME.

l might be Crazy, but l am not Mad.  Cat Mad

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

aussie, am I reading this correctly?

Were you trying to purchase items from Woolworths or Big W through ebay?  Surely they are not ebay sellers....at least not Woolworths.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

aussie, am I reading this correctly?

Were you trying to purchase items from Woolworths or Big W through ebay?  Surely they are not ebay sellers....at least not Woolworths.

Yes lyndal 1838, they came up on a splash screen after l logged on the other day, and after choosing what l wanted, it asked me to click on my nearest store to 5???, and when l did it came up with a Red Notice, "There are no stores near you that have stock of this item, at the moment."

Tried 5 other items, plus ALL Big W Stores in and about the Adelaide metropolitan area, same result, "There are no ........... ".

Very suss in my opinion.  l know, 5 out of thousands of name items is not much, but hey, ..what did l just happen to pick the right unlucky 5 items ????

Me no thinks so !!!!!!     Me smells a Marketing Rat here somewhere.  Cat Sad

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

The only stores I can see that are promoting Click and Collect are Masters, Dick Smith and Supercheap Auto.  You order the items and then pick them up in their own stores....nothing to do with the Woolworths or Big W collection points.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

They are 2 different promotions.

One is Click & Collect offered by some stores where you buy and pickup your purchase instore. The current offer is 15% off at Dick Smith, Masters and Supercheap.

The other is Simply Collect which is gradually being rolled out and is not available in all states yet. Sellers can list their items for collection at a Big W or Woolworths location chosen by the buyer.

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Click_and_collect/FAQs_Simply_Collect

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

That is what I thought too, but the way I read aussie's post it seemed that he was trying to buy items from Woolworths or Big W.

Are they even ebay sellers?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

They are 2 different promotions.

One is Click & Collect offered by some stores where you buy and pickup your purchase instore. The current offer is 15% off at Dick Smith, Masters and Supercheap.

The other is Simply Collect which is gradually being rolled out and is not available in all states yet. Sellers can list their items for collection at a Big W or Woolworths location chosen by the buyer.

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Click_and_collect/FAQs_Simply_Collect

Yes, mr.bigbrickshop, you are 100%  correct, that is exactly what l was trying to do.  Maybe not rolled out in SA as yet ????

thank you.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Aussie, the Click and Collect at Woolworths/Big W is currently only available in Sydney and Tasmania and only if your seller offers it.

The seller packages the items as usual and sends them to the Woolworths/Big W outlet that you nominate when you buy.  The goods are not available at the stores.....you just pick up the items that the seller has sent there.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply