Ebay CONTACT and HELP -purely a ginmmick

I bought a laptop and its seller forgot to delete his PIN so the laptop is not accessable.

I contacted ebay Australia requesting email address of the seller.

For usual gimmicky privacy reasons they decline to provide his email address.

I am exchanging seven'th email with them and basically I give up.

Every time a different person replies, which is a total nonsense.

Their latest idea is to lodge a return claim on the laptop with Paypal, not with them. What a nonsense!

A trivial in fact matter is impossible to resolve.

Buyers be aware what you can expect from ebay assistance!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you go to the item listing, there is a "Contact Buyer" button - use that to ask the buyer for the PIN - it's probably just an oversight.

Marina.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Hello OP.

As well as the contact "Seller" option you are also able to go to Advanced Search at top of the page & request Contact Information.

Have the item number handy.

Best regards.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you did pay with Paypal you have the seller's email.

Go into your Paypal history, or look at the email receipt of the payment from Paypal.

Where the money went is the seller's email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

If you did pay with Paypal you have the seller's email.

Go into your Paypal history, or look at the email receipt of the payment from Paypal.

Where the money went is the seller's email.

Unfortunately this may not work. Many sellers set up new email addresses when they set up ebay accounts and never use them again. I have four such email addresses tied to ebay and paypal accounts. I have the passwords written down but have literally never looked at the accounts except when ebay got hacked 12 months ago and we had to change all of our passwords. 

Boy was it a mess in there. Like some teenagers bedroom where no mere mortal should go.......Smiley Very Happy

. Everything I need comes through ebay messages.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply