How to update your phone number

Recently trying to upgrade my personal details as per ebay email request, I went through from the ebay email ‘upgrade link’ which gave me a box requesting me to sign in which then led to another requesting my telephone number. As mine had changed, I deleted the old one & typed in my new one, then pressed confirm & next was “we will text you a code” for mobile number & “we will call you ” for landline.

When pressing that I got an ‘incorrect information’ message, so I tried again with landlines and mobiles all showing the same “incorrect” message. So in the end when it came up ‘we will ring you’ or ‘we will text you’ I just used the ‘do it later’ option tab underneath & got out of there. So then got a message from ebay saying ‘thank you for updating your personal information’ but I contact the ebay support team as I didn’t think my telephone number had worked.

They replied & said it was due to an ‘ebay glitch’ where it was “knocking off the first zero from all numbers”so the first 0 from mobile numbers & first 0 from the State prefix (03 05 02 etc.) for landline numbers, making the numbers show as incorrect, but told me although it appeared to be unsuccessful & they can’t ring or text to confirm, it goes through successfully anyway & confirmed that my telephone number HAD been successfully updated. So when you get to ‘we will call’ or ‘we will text’ just choose the ‘do it later’ tab underneath & leave –then should receive a message from ebay saying you have successfully updated your personal information.

Hope that helps you all

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

pnc75
Community Member

Had this very same problem and it was driving me crazy! Thank you for your information.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Glad to be of help 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply