You bend over backwards to help and accommodate a buyer's wishes.......

Why are people so rude? Gee it makes me mad!

Recently had a buyer purchase an item on my other account. Paid for it 4 days later on a Saturday. On the Sunday I get an email, "When are you posting it, I need it next weekend? No please, no thank you, no manners.

So, here's the story.
The Friday just before she paid, I fell quite ill, with a shocking fever 39-41 and infection of some sort which kept me in bed until Sunday, could hardly stand up let alone walk, couldn't eat or drink, when I had to be taken to hospital. Suffering fever and severe dehydration, I was pumped via a drip, 4 courses of antibiotics and released Monday night, but still extremely unwell. Had no internet in hospital and iphone wouldn't charge properly, not that I was up to eBaying anyway, needed the phone to contact my family etc.

Received another message, from buyer, "Can you answer me, I need it by the weekend". Again no manners, please, thank you etc.

Now that particular listing states under postage, "Generally ships within 3 business days". So it was now Tuesday (Business Day 2), so I emailed her back along the lines of the following,

Hi, sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier, I had fallen ill and was in hospital for 2 days. As a courtesy, I will post your item today and send it via Express Post at no additional cost, so that you receive your item in time for the weekend. I hope you find this satisfactory. I will post the tracking details once I have posted the parcel. Please let me know that you have received it on time. Many thanks for your patience and understanding. Kind regards....

And that is exactly what I did.

And do you think I even got a thank you. Nup!

1. I wasn't even outside my posting days.
2. Didn't even bother to tell me she had received it.
3. No thank you, nothing.
4. No feedback (yes I know it's voluntary, but she's left feedback for others)

I tell you, a little bit of courtesy goes a lonnnnnng way! Some people just don't have, or don't know how to use manners these days!

Gripe over. I don't think I'll even bother bending over backwards like that again to help someone like that.

The funny thing is, another buyer who I was late getting his parcel out because I had issues with my printer, was so pleasant and understanding, "No worries, these things happen, I appreciate your email!", so I refunded him half the postage! And he was extremely thankful!

I guess you're always going to get one bad apple!
View Entire Topic

I'm totally with you,  on this one ..

It's totally uncalled for,  for a buyer to treat you like this,

especially when you have made accomodations to provide an excellent outcome for the buyer,

even through your infection,  and hospital stay.

Basically people mistreat you like this,  because they get to hide behind their smart phone or laptop,

300kms away,  and decide to give you a bit of lip,  and mistreat you for the fun of it ....

They necessarily wouldn't treat you like this face to face,  it's really the cowardice types of crettin individuals that carry on like this,

and mistreat sellers like you and I.

It really tires you out,  when you have given them a great deal, plus free postage,  and yet they speak to you with no respect.

It's taking the fun out of eBay a little.

Then on the flip side,  there are some decent, generous, and respectful human beings out there, who are a pleasure to do business with via eBay.

It's just the spoilt little daddy's girl on her smart phone,  or the bogan who wears his hat backwards and communicates via a stolen Apple laptop  that puts a downside to eBay.

I've dealt with quite a few crettin type individuals in my time,  but in general most customers do the right thing !

Get well soon,  and just keep eBaying.

Cheers!  🙂

Ask a Question