Worthpoint using their free trial to take unauthorised payments from your Credit Card?

hubbardscupboard11
Community Member

Q1:   Have any ebayers consulted WORTHPOINT's free trial only to find out that they have accessed your credit card and taken unauthorised payments?

Despite being very careful not to exceed Worthpoint's free trial (they send a pop up telling you that your free trial is finished and you need to sign up and pay for further access), I did not sign up but now find Worthpoint has been charging me membership fees for the past 3 months. I did not give them any Credit Card details and am furious that my account has been accessed without my knowledge.

A thorough search on the web has uncovered other complaints of a similar nature as well as other complaints about the accuracy of their information. I understand Worthpoint pays Ebay for sales and listings information to be used as part of their research that they sell back to their members.  I also understand Worthpoint is connected to Goantiques who have many complaints against them.

Q2:  Does Ebay have an easily accessed Scam Alert for their users? 

View Entire Topic

I would be going to my CC provider and initiating chargeback for "unauthorised payment".

Ask a Question