Buyer making false claims

Hi dear eBayers. 

I've come across a situation where I am highly suspicious of a buyer making false claims.

It's regarding TV/Entertainment Unit Cabinet. This buyer initially contacted us after placing an order, asking for the driver to call before delivery. Then after the item was delivered, she sent a message saying the product is not what's shown in the photo and would like to return for a refund. Knowing the product sent was the same as what was advertised, I asked for some photos to verify, 2 weeks later she messaged me (yesterday) sending a photo (attached) showing a damage on the product. 

1. The damage looks to be made by the buyer after she received it, the wood has been chipped.

2. If there was a damage why didn't she tell me in her previous message? Surely she had assembled it since she claimed it was not as advertised

3. She also claimed the product is of cheap quality, which is unusual because eventhough the product is not of the highest quality, it's certainly above stanard.

My thoughts is either this buyer has had buyer's remorse for whatever reason, and is looking for a way to return the product (which is a large bulky unit) and get me to shoulder the shipping or she is trying to take advantage of eBay's return policy and get free money.

By the way I have checked the buyer's feedback score, she hasn't made a lot of purhcases but about 1 in 3 feedbacks left for other sellers have been either negative or neutral.

I'm usually happy to rectify these situations with buyers directly as I understand it can happen from time to time where the item gets damaged in transit or has minor faults, but this buyer is certainly setting off alarm bells especially as this is a $305 product.

I'm not too sure what to do with this buyer at the moment. I'd really appreciate any thoughts/advice from anyone else who has perhaps encountered similar situations or might be able to help.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)