I am trying to sell an item and it is asking for payment method

I have a paypal account. Ebay knows my paypal account, I am trying to sell an item and ebay says it looks like yo u do not have an updated payment method on file with us. to complete your listing, please choose a payment method (credit / Debit) card or paypal account to pay your ebay sellers fees.

View Entire Topic

If you have never sold on eBay you need to upgrade your eBay account in order to sell.  Sorry this is a long post but I have included screengrabs as it is easier than using just text to explain this process.

Try this link http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/automatic-payments.html

Scroll down and click on the link I have highlighted below

registering as a seller.JPG

you will be asked to sign in to eBay again (standard security feature when changing your account details etc)

Once you sign in you will see a "continue" button to log into your PayPal account

registering as a seller 2.JPG

when you have logged into PayPal choose whether to use existing funding method OR bank account

registering as a seller 31.JPG

make your choice of funding source then press "continue" and check the details on the page so that you can set up your fee paying agreement.  This is what you get if you use existing funding source:

registering as a seller 3.JPG

and this is what you get if you choose add bank account

registering as a seller 35.JPG

Once you agree to the funding source you get the page that confirms that you have set up your payment method

registering as a seller 4.JPG

That should fix it.

eBay say it is simple to set up to sell.  It may be simple, but it takes many steps Smiley Frustrated