Hi - I sold an item with a no returns policy - buyer wants to return

I sold a jacket with a "no returns" policy included in the listing. The buyer wants to return it because she said the colour looks different to the colour in the listing and it doesn't suit her complexion. My listing states "please choose carefully as there are no rerturns for change of mind or incorrect size". If there was a defect that I have missed I am happy to refund but what is the usual response to a buyer if they think the colour is not what they expected? She said she wondered if she could exchange it for another jacket I have for sale. Also, if I do decide to allow her to exchange the jacket how do I go about processing the transaction? She paid via pay pal. I don't charge postage so am I within my rights to ask her to send it back at her own expense and insist (or recommend) that she send it registered. Kind regards
View Entire Topic

Monitors and cameras can appear differently for others.

However if you are satisfied the photos were good representations then buyer should pay for return.

Registered is only for the buyers protection, if the item doesn't arrive they cannot open a case and prove postage.

And if it is a straight exchange, the buyer should pay for postage of second jacket once you receive the first and it is in the same condition when it left you.

I would be sending the second registered. Send the buyer a funds request in PayPal for the postage.

Also I would be a little cautious that she might say the same again.

But if she agrees to pay the postage for the second jacket I guess she is committed and probably won't.

This is all based on you not accepting a return for the reasons given of course but willing to exchange at buyers expense.

Similarly in a B&M store the buyer would need to return the item for an exchange.