Parcel sent Express Post but not received on time. Buyer arguing that I sent it regular post.

Hi 

Has anyone else had this problem.  I have a buyer who purchased a dress for an event and requested I post this Express Post.  I did so and sent her the tracking number.  The dress arrived the day after her event.   This is unfortunate and I feel for her but it is not my fault.

After several emails backwards and forwards where she swears black and blue that I sent her the item regular post and not Express, even after I have given her documented evidence that I most definitely sent it Express Post.  She then puts a really unpleasant and nasty comment on her feedback alluding to my dishonesty and unhelpfulness.  

Believe me when I say, if I thought I was at fault, in any way, I would have no hesitation in offering her a refund.  However, she has been aggressive from the start, accusing me of dishonesty was the final straw.  Ebay have consequently removed this from my feedback as they have checked things out and can verify that I am not at fault.

It clearly states on the Australia Post website that there are some areas that cannot guarantee next day delivery with Express Post. There is even a calculator on their website that you can enter your own postcode and then the postcode of your customer and it will calculate the fastest way to post the item and how long it will take.  She obviously did not read the fine print.

She has now requested a refund, stating "Wrong Item Sent" as the reason and then detailing in her comments that I sent the item regular post and not Express as the reason for wanting to return the item. I have spoken to Ebay Customer Service who have sent me an email confirming that I did everything correctly and that I am not at fault.  I also contacted Australia Post who confirmed the same thing and sent me an email to forward to her and I sent them both to her without any further communication from me.

I am now waiting to see what happens next as the returns request expires tomorrow and as I am clearly not at fault, I refuse to respond. On Ebay Customer Services advice, they have said to ignore it and wait to see if she escalates this and asks them to step in.  

I really don't think she has a case at all, but I am not a confrontational person, I hate unpleasantness of any kind and I feel I am being bullied here by my customer.  How nasty could this get?  What are my options?

Any suggestions how to handle this, I really don't want any further communication with her as I am 100% in the right!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)