A buyer has bought an item and wants it shipped but I specified local pickup only

Hi there,

A buyer has purchased my item and wants it shipped to the US even though I have stated that the item is local pickup only.

I have canceled the order and now have to wait for 10 days for the buyer to respond to my cancelation. Meanwhile, My item is not for sale.

1. I would like to know how I can immediately cancel this order and relist my item.

2. Will Ebay charge me for the sale of the item even though it is not sold?

3. What options do I have for this to not happen again, as this is the buyers mscunduct of buying an item contrary to my terms of not wanting to ship?

View Entire Topic

If you decide to relist then you should remove COD as a payment method, it is an expensive AP service that could not be used to send your item even if it was suitable for ebay.

A newbie seller with a high value item is open season for scammers I am afraid, even with my loooooooooooong experience of selling on ebay on two continents I would be wary about selling such a high value item on ebay especially if I wanted pick up only.

You may be better served selling on Gumtree, FB or your local papers.