Buyer claims saddle is broken

Dear Ebay Community. 

A buyer received a saddle in the mail and emailed me that the saddle is broken - apparently there were bits of plastic in the package. I expressed my regret at this as the saddle left in perfect working order and asked her what she wanted to do. She said at first she didn't know as she felt the saddle was now worthless. I encouraged her to take it to a nearest saddler to see if they could help. She responded with a request that I refund her half the payment. I requested to her that as I have not seen any photographic evidence of this 'damage' I feel that she puts in a dispute claim as I do not know if she actually damaged the item in her making adjustments to it, or if it is indeed damaged. She started to become aggressive, now claiming full refund and telling me that she knows police that will sign a Stat Dec for her and that she is a security guard and knows all about the law. I am quite upset at the last email as I feel as though her purpose is to intimidate me. The funds are still being held by PayPal. What will I do?

View Entire Topic

Hi,

stick to your guns, you need to see pictures of the damaged saddle, sounds like she is trying to get it for free.