Buyer says Weights and Barbell not supplied when listing says not inlcuded

Hi people

I have a buyer who purchased a multi station weight bench from me. After a bit of hassle of receiving payment since his first payment was declined via paypal, he finally received his order. Now he has opened a case against me claiming there are parts missing which are the barbell and weights.

My listing shows barbell and weights in the photo as demo, however in the description I have indicated that barbell and weights are not inlcuded.

I have offered him a $20 partial refund, however he has declined saying without the barbell and weights the unit is useless to him.

Any advise on how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance

View Entire Topic

Any advise on how I should proceed?

Option A.  Send him the weights & barbell

Option B.  Wait until he opens a dispute and then you can either wait and have ebay compel you to pay for the return and they will refund the buyer once you do so.

Option C.  If it is worth getting the item returned tell the buyer you will supply the cost of the return and then voluntarily refund in full.

Option D. If it is not worth the cost of return just refund in full and tell the buyer to keep it.

Future option. Do not put anything in the photos that is not included in the sale. This is an ebay policy and if you breach it you are obviously going to end up in trouble,  as you have.