Decreasing Buyer Willingness to leave Feedback

I am not sure what is happening with buyer feedback these days. Have recently re-started selling after lengthy absence. I sell a wide range of collectable items, and have always had 100 percent satisfaction with my listings - and MOST people left feedback.  Lately I have noticed about 80 percent of my buyers don't leave feedback, even though I post within 2 business days and always include a personal note....and pack super securely OR I AM SURE I WOULD BE GETTING CLAIMS/COMPLAINTS??!! What is up with buyers, I am sure they mostly STILL use feedback as a GAUGE to select reputable sellers for themselves, but then don't bother to leave feedback which would help the seller?.. Anybody having same issues? I would like eBay to do something more to remind people to leave feedback - perhaps BEFFORE they make their next purchase a POP UP (reminding them of the value of fedback for ALL parties, and that they have x number of feedback outstanding?? ) might be a good idea? Anybody?

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Welcome back....you have some nice items listed.Smiley Happy

Feedback is a bit of a sore point these days.

It is really becoming irrelevant for buyers as sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers.   There are a lot of sellers who just don't leave it anymore.   It actually doesn't worry me as I have enough feedback gained over the years....I just don't need it.

I was more proud of my positive feedback from the days when sellers could leave neutrals and negatives for buyers.

As for buyers looking at a seller's feedback in order to decide whether to buy from them or not................

When reading the boards you could be forgiven for thinking it really doesn't matter at all.   The number of members who come here complaining about being ripped off is quite high....and then you look at the seller's feeback and have to ask why on earth they bought from the seller in the first place as the feedback told them exactly what to expect.

Ebay still send out the auto reminders to leave feedback after about 6 weeks (I think).   I can't remember the last time I had a reminder as I have usually already left it by that time.

I would be very annoyed to be reminded to leave feedback before every purchase.  I buy many items at a time, then nothing for a few weeks.  To get a pop up reminder with every purchase would probably make me not leave it at all.  And it is unlikely to prompt a serial non leaver to change their habits.

It is certainly not just you.....there are often members (buyers and sellers alike) coming to the boards asking how to prompt others to leave feedback.  The fact that it is voluntary just reinforces the fact that there is really nothing you can do about it.