How to deal with a seller who will not leave feedback (payment left instantly)

I have purchased off a seller who does not leave feedback at the point of sale. (i think this is wrong)

Item arrived with the packaging damaged through rough handling during transport however no apparent damage done.

I let the seller know of the problem and suggested the original item packaging could have been placed in a carton so as to arrive undamaged instead of wrapping in black plastic.  (i would not send like this)

Seller wanted photos of the damaged packaging which i send and said i was happy with the puchased item as it was undamaged and that my response was for his future benefit, and then left positive feed back. (foolishly)

He has left no feedback for me despite two suttle reminders, firstly saying "will do"  and not responding to the second email some two weeks later!

I have only encountered this attitude about 2 or 3 times in eight years on eBay

Can i revise or add to my feedback already left ???

Thankyou

samarko09

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Feedback is voluntary and is not very useful for buyers .  All it does for a buyer is tell people how many items they have bought from sellers who leave feedback.

Many sellers do not leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays as they have no idea how the transaction will end.....and they can only leave positive feedback anyway.

I am not sure why you felt the need to complain about the packaging being damaged when the item arrived safely.  Perhaps the seller would prefer not to leave any feedback in this case so you need to respect that and stop hassling him.

Surely you are not thinking of changing your feedback to pay the seller back for not leaving feedback for you?