International Buyer has paid for Sea Mail, which will take 2-3 months to arrive, can I cancel?

The Buyer has requested Sea Mail, which will take 2 to 3 months to arrive.  I was going to do it, until I realised I wouldn't get payment until the item was received (I'm new to ebay).  They've already paid, can I still cancel it, and can they leave me a bad review if I do?

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, digupatin, you have missed something...two things actually.

First, the OP is a new seller so her money will be on hold with paypal for 21 days or until the goods have arrived as shown in the tracking.

Secondly, there is no paypal seller protection for items sent by surface mail as it does not arrive in the time allowed.  The buyer only has to open a dispute in the timeframe and the seller will lose her money even if she has proof of postage.

Unless the buyer is prepared to pay for airmail delivery you should cancel the transaction....and don't worry about the feedback.  It is not worth the aggrivation.  I suspect you have a buyer who is looking for a freebie and knows how to work the system.