Local pick up means local pickup?

omy005
Community Member

G'day, I sold a bicycle and did not offer any postage, it was local pickup only (pay pal or cash as I didn't mind). I had several potential bidders contact me wanting me to package the bike up so a courier could come and get it, I declined as its a lot of extra work when I know it will sell locally.

After the auction ends it is payed for immediately via pay pal and the buyers address is listed interstate and being over 1000 km away. The buyer contacts me saying they are in Vietnam and are sending a shipping company to come and pick it up from 5 am to 5 pm. I'm at work Monday to Friday outside of these hours. I have no way of packing it up into a box or being home just waiting for a courier turn up. He did contact me by phone but his English was impossible to understand so I'v been using the message service.

Can I just refund his payment and re-list it?

I'm fearing it will be sent off, then claim to be damaged due to no packaging and asked for a refund.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

View Entire Topic

Your only two choices are to do as the buyer wants (risking being scammed out of the money) at great inconvenience to you or to refund and try and appeal ny defect or neg that you receive. I would prefer the latter.

To prevent this happening again if a buyer asks if they can send a courier to pick up tell them no but you will gt a quote to send it to them. Go to a website like Pack & Send and get a quote for their fully tracked and insured service where they pack up the goods for you (it will almost certainly cost more than the bike) add fifty bucks to cover your handling fee and the extra ebay fees and then add that amount to the invoice if they go ahead and buy. That way they either pay up and you are fuy coivered or they don't and you can open then close an unpaid item dispute.