Possible scam? I do not ship to buyer's location?

I sold a SLR/mirrorless camera body lens yesterday for $330 (Australian dollars). It was NOT an auction, but a buy now at a fixed price listing. I am located in Australia and buyer is located in the US. Buyer has 0% feedback and acccount was opened as of last year.

On the item listing, I specifically DID NOT offer international postage outside of Australia. Yet the buyer bought my item saying they "won" it and I received this email from buyer:

-----

Please send me the total amount for eBay item

Hi mate, glad I won your item. I'm currently in New Zealand at the moment. Please email me zzz@yahoo.com confirming the exact condition of the item I will be going for an appointment now and will be able to access my email from my iphone, so email me at  xxx@live.com using the item number as the subject. Make sure you email me with your email address here is mine stated zzz@yahoo.com Regard

I would like to have the item posted to the address below:

xxx US postal address xxxx

-----

I did not set my seller/buyer preferences to exclude shipping worldwide at the time of the listing being up. I have since done so but of course this would not make a difference to the sold listing now.

My PayPal account is set up to accept only Australian currency and blocking all other currencies coming my way.

This feels like a scam to me. What should I do? Basically:

- Do I issue the buyer an invoice?

- I would like my final value credit fee back. How do I get this? I'm presuming I'll issue the invoice. Buyer tries to pay, but payment will be blocked. I can then file an Unpaid Item case?

- Can I simply cancel the transaction and will I get my final value credit fee back? I know I'll risk the seller leaving negative feedback.

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Cancel the transaction on the grounds that you do not send to the seller's location.

Then set your requirement to exclude international postage...just saying you do not post internationally is not sufficient.

Put the bidder on your blocked bidders list and DO NOT reply to any of his emails.