The last 2 items I sold on ebay have been to buyers who have not paid me.

babsie6515
Community Member

The last 2 items I sold on ebay have been to Buyers who did not pay me. The first one, after many ignored messages from, 11 days later deposited the money into PayPal..too late, I had already resold the item. She was outraged  by my action even though never made any contact. Second one was a few days ago, said he would pay me in 24 hours, which have come and gone. It's so frustrating and a waste of time and effort. Would  putting in the description section of  item, payment within 24 hours, otherwise item will be resisted, be acceptable.

View Entire Topic

I'm going to be blunt babsie, with at least 22 sales in the last 12 months, I think it is about time you learn how eBay works.

Suggest you read up on selling in the help pages.

No, there is no point in putting payment within 24 hours because eBay give minimum 8 days for a buyer to pay no matter what you insist on.

If a buyer doesn't respond by day 4, send a message asking if there is a problem with making payment.

If no response by day 5, open an unpaid item case that gives the buyer a further 4 days to pay.

No payment then close the case. Buyer gets a strike and you get your fees credited back and feedback cannot be left.

Then you are also free to relist.

Also add them to your BBL so they cannot do it again.

Set blocks on your account, that eliminates serial non payers.

A lot of learning to do but with some effort you will eliminate many problems and make eBay sales a smoother ride. Smiley Wink