my listing payment clearly stated payment paypal accepted buyer wont pay,offered cash outside ebay

<Removed> made a purchase on ebay the advert stated payment through paypal accepted,i was offered cach on pick-up and ebay sent me a message stating it is aganst ebay policy to accept payment outside of what is listed on the ad,now <Removed> have not paid and still wating for payment which in fact is a breach in the ebay buying and selling rule,is this person a dead beat buyer.?

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is the boat then you are very unfair saying the buyer is a deadbeat but he could very well label you a scammer.

No buyer in their right mind would pay such large amounts of money by paypal in advance before inspecting the item and being very sure that it is as described.

There is no buyer or seller protection for pickup items paid by paypal.  The buyer could pay by paypal, pick up the item and then open a dispute.  They would get their money back as you could not prove that you had sent the item.

I suggest you read the rules before demanding payment by paypal for those expensive items you are listing as pick-up only.