Camper trailer tent: buyer now wants a refund after he picked it up.

I sold a camper trailer tent to the highest bidder on Nov 2 for local pick up only.  The buyer paid via paypal the next day even though i never asked for payment this way, (i would have preffered payment on pick-up to avoid further paypal fees)

He picked the tent up 3 weeks later, on Oct 22nd (it was his decision to wait this long and with our agreement)

Buyer now sends an email on Nov 26th saying there is holes and rips in the tent that he was unaware of and the gas strutts are inopperable. He was advised over the phone before the listing ended that there was small puncture type holes from one of the poles in the canvas but the tent was otherwise in good condition. There was no discussion of the struts in any of our verbal or written conversations and we were unaware if there was any problems with them before we listed the tent. (It had been sitting for a year or so and was not mounted on a trailer so we had no idea of their condition)  When the buyer cam to collect the tent he was shown where the puncture holes were and he seemed fine with the condition.  We also offered to put the tent up  to show him not only the condition of the tent but also to go over how to put it up and where the poles go but he declinded and said it would be okay.

Anyway, buyer lives 3 hours away and now wants to return the tent to a friends house for us to collect (which is about 25 min drive for us) What so you think? I have agreed to a return/refund but he must return the item to the where he collected it from right?

View Entire Topic

Tell them to get the refund they need to return it to you in person and it will be then be set up to be sure there is NO damage that was there when sold to them.

If there is damage that has happened since leaving you then DO NOT refund at all.

Do not worry about getting a neg and if you do call ebay and fight for it's removal as they should have looked prior to taking it away when offered.