21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Happy to bump

Message 91 of 524
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

Happy to bump

Me too

Message 92 of 524
Latest reply

Have recently lodged a dispute with the Ombudsman. Despite having sold on EBay for years with 100% feedback I seem to meet the definition of "new seller". Have had two recent sales and both are being "held" for the 21 days yet I have had to pay the postage costs up front. It really is time for sellers to fight back against this and all the other stupid policies that EBay and Paypal have cooked up in the last couple of years against small sellers.

If AliBaba wants to set up in Australia I will happily sign up and give EBay the flick forever.

Message 93 of 524
Latest reply

I have just filed a complaint with the FOS

People power rocks

Message 94 of 524
Latest reply

@001babygirl_123 wrote:

I have just filed a complaint with the FOS

People power rocks

Smiley Wink

Message 95 of 524
Latest reply

Speed hump!!

Message 96 of 524
Latest reply

Keep those Bumps coming....

Message 97 of 524
Latest reply

@mitbri wrote:

Keep those Bumps coming....

BUMPETY BUMP

Message 98 of 524
Latest reply

So I'm an irregular seller who pretty much only sells items when strapped for cash - this is really exacerabating my financial problems - will be lodging a complaint for sure - but firstly, everyone else who has lodged had you contacted Paypal first to try to get them to release the funds? I've never made a complaint to the FOS so not sure what the process is 🙂

Message 99 of 524
Latest reply

If you are on Facebook, there is a link here. You are welcome to join other disgruntled members there.

If you're not on Facebook, you can go here to lodge a complaint. It doesn't look that hard. Fill in the boxes and submit.

As for contacting Paypal, initially, members were just getting scripted replies. As the complaints started getting lodged, *some* members were having some luck by calling them and they would release the funds. They were still subjected to future holds though, so needed to call each time they had a sale.

To me, that's not good enough, especially as some people have had their accounts exempted from holds.

Message 100 of 524
Latest reply