21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

ive sent ebay a message that ive placed there invoice for last month on hold for 21 days

because i feel they are trading outside of the rules & law that most companies would not get away with.

ill be waiting for a message from them but wont hold my breath.

i stated that if my funds are frozen for 21 days then i should be paid 21 days of intrest and cost of sad funds on hold.

Message 11 of 524
Latest reply

Maybe we should all send invoices into ebay for payment of interest etc etc. Whatever we can think of. It would swamp them with paperwork.

Message 12 of 524
Latest reply

@diecastcarsvicki wrote:

ive sent ebay a message that ive placed there invoice for last month on hold for 21 days

because i feel they are trading outside of the rules & law that most companies would not get away with.

ill be waiting for a message from them but wont hold my breath.

i stated that if my funds are frozen for 21 days then i should be paid 21 days of intrest and cost of sad funds on hold.

Go Diecast.

If we have a store & pay fees to have our items listed for 30 days & the lights are turned off for 15 of those.

Hello.

Listing states 30 days, there is no suggestion of, our item will be seen & available when we (eBay) feel like it.

NO, we pay for the said 30 days = the 24 hrs x 7 days a week kind of 30 days. 

We really don't care that fees have been pocketed rather than used to upgrade this platfrom that seemingly has grown too big for it's boots, the reason the light go out.

There has to be in the end , A CLASS ACTION, here.

Money for NOTHING = FEES.

Message 13 of 524
Latest reply

I would like to know why, when something is posted here.

IT DOES NOT GO TO THE TOP.

Have been watching.

Is this being controlled.

(not paranoid).

Message 14 of 524
Latest reply

Let's see. Happy to bump it.

Message 15 of 524
Latest reply

Bump again

Message 16 of 524
Latest reply

BUMP...........

.............and just the push needed to get a friend of mine to also lodge a complaint.

Message 17 of 524
Latest reply

I will bump it with rant.

The reasons I don't like the policy is that I don't think ebay have a right to tell paypal to hold funds, or is it paypals choice to hold the funds? What ebay wants is external to the payment being made through paypal, ebay is not a financial service.

If someone uses paymate or a merchant account do the funds get held also? I think this will lead to ebay using an escrow type service, or is paypal operating as an escrow service?

I am not really impacted by it, but it would have been nice to know about before logging into one of my accounts and thinking what the f is this. It actually only took 14 days to clear with no tracking or anything.

ALos gone are the days when someone "is in need of money" and can offload something for a few dollars. There will be no bargains anymore just sales that are not really sales at all, everything is on sale.

If ebay wanted to protect themselves it is quite easy, get rid of the scammers and stop penalising the honest sellers. I only get the random crazy person that thinks it is OK to give low DSRs for no reason (or something that is ebays fault) but I hate seeing it on my record.

Ebays system seems to be imploading, none of the programmers must follow any of the programming lifecycle models that are taught at uni (although I think this is quite standard). I've heard that in the next terminator movie skynet originates from the ebay servers because they are so corrupted.

Message 18 of 524
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:
 I've heard that in the next terminator movie skynet originates from the ebay servers because they are so corrupted.

I just laughed so hard I think I've pulled a muscle!

All I can offer you is thunderous applause and a hearty cheer!

Message 19 of 524
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

You wont get anywhere. Have taken matters previously to ACCC and ombudsman and they wont touch Ebay (aka paypal) for anything. Why do you think Ebay has zero respect for sellers on here. Because they know that no one will touch them.

As far as paypal freezing money from your account I can tell that paypal openly admitted to me that ANY amount under $1000 will always be credited back to a buyer unless you can provide solid proof they have the item etc. But wait, there is more. They also stated that a buyer only needs to say the item is damaged or not as advertised etc and they will get a refund no matter what. 

Basically all sellers are screwed if a buyer decided to lie (which does happen in maybe 1% of sales) . You will lose the money.

They take the word of someone with negatives or even a rating of 1 over a seller who has thousands of rating and no negative!!.

Figure that one out

Message 20 of 524
Latest reply