21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

@4green2000 wrote:

@diecastcarsvicki wrote:

Plus,dont forget with greedbays new 180 policy,paypal payments aint in sellers safe hands till after this period. Some sellers im sure, will be hesitating buying new stock.

It is PP's 180 day dispute process & eBay's 30 day MBG.

It is also eBay - we pay for 30 day listings to be seen 24 x7 - not the 15 days out of the 30 - with their lights on & off - rubbish.

Scale_4.gif

Message 51 of 524
Latest reply

I opened my Ebay account near the end of August.  Do as much buying as selling,  Have about 34 positive feedbacks and tihs could be higher if the other 40% did their feedbacks.  Ebay  finally released  the payment for 2 items the other day.  The funds for 7 or 8 items are still being held, and for most I won't be seeing the money til near the end of the month.  I post all my items with tracking,  All my sold items have been delivered and half the buyers have left their positive feedback..  It's causing me to be financially stretched at a time of the year when I like to have my money to spend.  I'm out of pocket for the postage I  paid as this is part of the funds being held.  I have also bought a few things from other buyers and would like to pay them sooner than later.    Some idiot with half a brain who only saw an opportunity to use other peoples money and who forgot about the damage being done to a virtual part of Ebay, ie the new sellers,  this Ebay CEO.must be getting a big payout for these policies.

Message 52 of 524
Latest reply

Read the whole thread.

Do your bit to complain to the Ombudsman - funds are being wrongfully witheld by PP.

Think I read you are able to do a complaint form online.

Please read the lot - the more they get the more it will hurt..

Message 53 of 524
Latest reply

BUMP
Message 54 of 524
Latest reply

BUMP

Message 55 of 524
Latest reply

Lets keep this up the top of the page..BUMP BUMP..

Message 56 of 524
Latest reply

And bumped again......
Message 57 of 524
Latest reply

I got an email from my mate this morning and he sold 2 items on his new account yesterday. Both buyers paid straight away. No mention of funds being held, so at this stage, PayPal is sticking to their end of the deal as far as exempting his new account.

Everyone who is affected, lodge a complaint. It's the only way to get something done. If there are enough complaints, they will have no choice but to alter the policy.

Message 58 of 524
Latest reply

Bump Bump Bump

Scale_4.gif

Message 59 of 524
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Bump Bump Bump

Scale_4.gif

Bump Bump Bump Bump