21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

It will get better soon I am sure, I still buy quite a bit and I do use bank transfers for sellers I know and trust, that I have dealt with in the past.

The thing is, I understand what paypal are trying to do, but sadly, all that is happenning is that good buyers are being protected from bad sellers (which is at it should be) but on the other hand good sellers are being hurt by having funds witheld and bad buyers can do what they want.

So it is not a fix at all, it is a bloody disaster (which is becoming more and more the norm on eBay) and paypal need to be held accountable.

By sending through all the complaints you can to the FOS maybe they finally will be!!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 61 of 524
Latest reply

Bumpity Bumpity Bump :

true[1].gif

Message 62 of 524
Latest reply

bump - oops didn't see your 'bump' Helen

Message 63 of 524
Latest reply

Hmmm, another new policy I didnt know about. is this affecting all buyers or just a select few?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 64 of 524
Latest reply

The policy is affecting all new sellers, PLUS if an existing seller opens up a new eBay account, which is then linked to their existing PayPal account, they are being caught up in this stupidity also.  Their previous history under their usual id is not taken into consideration.

Several sellers have lodged complaints with FSO, and have successfully had their money released.

This also why its important to keep this thread up at the top of the page, so that others who were unaware of the policy, or those who have had their funds frozen can see that there is something to be done about it.

Message 65 of 524
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

bump - oops didn't see your 'bump' Helen

And so glad I do not have one.

Robot wink

Message 66 of 524
Latest reply

Thanks Kazam....discouraging new sellers, I'm sure that'll work well for them Smiley Indifferent

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 67 of 524
Latest reply

It seems to be that if you have opened up a new selling ID inside the last 90-days or your selling rate is deemed to be too low then you are subject to this 21-day funds withholding period.

They have definitley not taken into account that the seller may have a proven track record on one or more other selling IDs that is associated with the very same paypal account. As was our case and that of several others on these boards.

We (and others) have raised formal complaints with the FOS and they have immediately removed the hold on our funds. And in at least one case that I know of (not ours) said that the lifting of the withholding would be permanent. In our case they said if i happens again just to call them and they would remove it. But if they do it again to us I will just raise another FOS case against them.

We had enuff calling before the FOS case. PayPal were saying was an ebay policy they were applying and ebay were saying please contact paypal about lifting the hold. Neither of them wanted to take ownership of the problem. But they did listen to the FOS.

I'm waiting to hear how they treat an actual new seller who does not have such a proven track record if they open an FOS case. So far have not heard any result on this front.

Message 68 of 524
Latest reply

A friend wanted me to sell some stuff for him and I was considering opening him his own account, dont think I will now though.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 69 of 524
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Bumpity Bumpity Bump :

true[1].gif

bump.jpeghappy.jpeg

Message 70 of 524
Latest reply