21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

I'll leave all the smiley bits to others - not sure how to, and haven't got the inclination to learn at the moment......

but  BUMP ANYWAY

Message 71 of 524
Latest reply

I did not know of this new rule. ebay certainly looks like it doesn't want any more "small time" sellers! It's a disgrace.

ebay sent me a survey a couple of days ago.. in it I was asked would I recommend selling on ebay to my friends - my answer was not likely...   this was before I heard of this witholding funds rule.

ebay is not fun any more, hasn't been for such a long time. Too many new rules and the unfair defect silly situation makes one think twice about continuing.  I am starting to wind down my buying of stock.  Sellers now have to wait 10 days to get their FVF refunded when a buyer cancels or doesn't pay.

Vent over

Message 72 of 524
Latest reply

Just posting to add my support to the cause... 😛

This issue has been cropping up elsewhere, so I'll be directing people to this thread and information. 😉

Message 73 of 524
Latest reply

DO THE BUMP..... 

Message 74 of 524
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

This issue has been cropping up elsewhere, so I'll be directing people to this thread and information. 😉

There's just so many issues (read "improvements") that have come up just in the last couple of months digi, hopefully some of them will get overturned - this ones a doozie, but the DSR fiasco is, I believe (though not a seller) one of the biggest to hit the "unprotected" sellers.

eBay's MBG already seems to be a huge headache for them and members - open one of them as a buyer and you're stuffed in trying to open a Paypal dispute.............etc etc etc

Why on earth did they decide to fix (yet again....sigh) something that wasn't broken......................

If they successfully get rid of the small sellers - which they seem hell-bent on doing - then eBay's not going to be the place for buyers like myself.

I don't even want to think about T&S's almost total anaction on scammers..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 75 of 524
Latest reply

Just bumping this thread before I head off......BUMP!!!!!!!!

Message 76 of 524
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

There's just so many issues (read "improvements") that have come up just in the last couple of months digi, hopefully some of them will get overturned - this ones a doozie, but the DSR fiasco is, I believe (though not a seller) one of the biggest to hit the "unprotected" sellers.

eBay's MBG already seems to be a huge headache for them and members - open one of them as a buyer and you're stuffed in trying to open a Paypal dispute.............etc etc etc

Why on earth did they decide to fix (yet again....sigh) something that wasn't broken......................

If they successfully get rid of the small sellers - which they seem hell-bent on doing - then eBay's not going to be the place for buyers like myself.

I don't even want to think about T&S's almost total anaction on scammers..................

You know what bothers me the most about these kinds of implementations?

Ok, on the one hand, every time a buyer receives something that doesn't match the decription, or gets taken advantage of by a seller (even if temporarily, in that the funds are recovered), it's easy enough to see where eBay / PayPal's so-called 'heart' lies.

But you see / hear about nearly as many buyers scamming sellers, and for every story like that, not one person is able to say what everyone can say when it's a seller-scammed-buyer story... "When I read about things like this, it shows why eBay/PayPal introduced such and such policy" Not even once....because they haven't actually introduced anything to curb buyer fraud. 😞

And it's the ever-increasing protections for buyers that are putting more and more sellers at risk of scams.

And I keep asking myself why. Aside from the obvious answer, why do buyers need all these third party "advocacy" services that doesn't actually reduce risk, but rather increases and extends responsibility to one party and one party alone (that being the seller)? As far as I'm concerned, increased expectations are the way to go, not decreased expectations (of buyers, I mean - that is, increased expectations of responsible, informed decisions and actions when it comes to spending supposedly hard-earned money).

The fact of the matter is they don't need them - you know what would really help stop scammers?

• A modicum of education
  • Policies that don't ultimately convey bollix like "hey, you don't even have to think or worry about a thing, just spend your money now 🙂  (you can have it back later, if you really want 😉 )".
  • Money spent on properly policing the site instead of the detestable laziness of, "meh, we just won't let sellers have the money until the risk to us has mostly passed". 

Message 77 of 524
Latest reply

ebay have created a generation of online shoppers that don't actually know the rules. They created the reason for the rules.

Message 78 of 524
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I'll leave all the smiley bits to others - not sure how to, and haven't got the inclination to learn at the moment......

but  BUMP ANYWAY

If i keep this up greedbay might kick me off...But you know what??

WHO CARES....  ccccc.jpegbump,bump.Smiley Very Happy

Message 79 of 524
Latest reply

I just checked to see when my funds would be available and it occured to me that with this ebay / paypal system,

they are trying to do what in this country (Aust) is the State Governments job) of providing consumer protection.

The other anology I thought of was Judge, Jury and executioner !

Message 80 of 524
Latest reply