21 DAY HOLD FINANCIAL SERVICE OMBUDSMAN WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Having lodged a complaint against Pay Pal and Ebay in regards to illegally freezing funds and also referring the matter to the privacy commisioner.  The Financial Services Ombudsman also wants to hear about accounts where funds have been placed under the 21 day hold. Their office is anticipating an across board deluge of complaints and they wish to be advised of individual cases as believe this is a breach of law.

Message 1 of 524
Latest reply
523 REPLIES 523

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the small sellers because what they sell is often unique. If i want to buy from Dick Smith I will go directly to the Dick Smith website or I will go to the Iconic for a new article of clothing, I have never thought of ebay as a generic online shopping mall and that is where ebay has lost the plot. Ebay was a place to go for something second hand, or cheap, or unique, an online garage sale and that was its beauty and appeal. They are loosing their buyers not because of dodgy sellers but because it is becoming a generic Target shopping Mall. My rant to bump this.......

Message 81 of 524
Latest reply

That is a good point you make about the big boys web sites.

It would be interesting to see the stats as to whether listing on ebay increases sales through the company on line store or whether people just buy from ebay.

Message 82 of 524
Latest reply

STILL DOING THE BUMP.....

Message 83 of 524
Latest reply

My turn again BUMP

Message 84 of 524
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

My turn again BUMP

yep..BUMP

Message 85 of 524
Latest reply

This policy is a disgrace, we should encourage bank transfer and discourage paypal. 

Bump this to the top until something is done about it. 

Paypal probably have a high interest bearing account, and are using our funds to invest. 

It should be in my account earning interest. 

Message 86 of 524
Latest reply

Two more Disputes lodged by friends of mine affected by this Stalinist policy today.

Happy Bump

Message 87 of 524
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Actually, coins and banknotes that are legal currency in the country of issue can only be sent in the mail by Registered mail, but AP takes no responsibility or loss or damage.

Go figure....send at you own risk but we will not reimburse you if we lose it.   Great registered mail system we have, isn't it?

I was told I can't register cash or gift cards by AP staff. As you pointed out there is no point in doing so anyway...

Message 88 of 524
Latest reply

Am, I always believed that too until I ordered some collector coins from the RAM in Canberra.  They always sent them by registered mail so I made it my business to look up the AP website where I found the above information.

I have just rechecked it and the information is still the same but as we all know there is no registered mail for parcels any more.  So I assume that it would now require SOD to send collectible coins in boxes although gift cards or notes would still go in an envelope with registered mail.

Message 89 of 524
Latest reply

@the_pooze wrote:

Two more Disputes lodged by friends of mine affected by this Stalinist policy today.

Happy Bump

BuMp,to the top if ya wanna roc n roll.....Smiley Very Happy

Message 90 of 524
Latest reply