3 Stores and not 1 sale in over a week

We have 3 different stores and have sold NOTHING in over 1 week. Our Products are very cheap compared to others selling similar items. But 3 different srores and not 1 sale. We List new items almostly daily and still nothing. What is going on with eBay? Have the lost the plot? We (Store) Owners are paying for a service. and eBay keep Restricting, Limiting our sales. They tell us sweet FA but still want their money. 3 months ago they took 2 cents from my Bank account because my Paypal account was 2 Cents short. Anyone tried eBid yet? love to know the results. Sick and tired of eBay Restriction, Fees, MBG and a lot more

Paddy

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

@southaustraliacardshop wrote:

@gewens wrote:

Hello, all. Just want to remind you that interpersonal dispute isn't allowed here. Thanks. 🙂

Take this subject off if you feel that way... This is a Public forum where all opinions are supposed to be allowed to be expressed. Is he getting scared?

Paddy

Paddy, actually, it is not a forum where all opinions are supposed to be allowed to be expressed, it is a moderated forum where posts that contravene eBay's Community Content Policy and Discussion Board Usage Policy are removed by moderators.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-created-content-ov.html

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

The reason it is not a free-speech forum is that that would allow racist comments, sexist comments, liable, slander and a multitude of other socially unacceptable and illegal comments to be expressed.

Message 11 of 69
Latest reply

I've been accused more than once of working for eBay - I don't (unless a person consider working on my own business 7 days a week to try and make a living and eBay earning hundreds of dollars in commission every month to be "working for eBay", but if they do, then I also work for other (competitor) sites), but, point is, if someone is going to believe that I work for eBay, then I doubt there is anything I can do or say that will change their minds, since by and large they decide that's somehow the truth based purely on the fact that I have an opinion which differs from theirs and is interpreted as defending or promoting eBay ("perfect" evidence if ever there was any*, but I digress...).

I believe I have been very vocal in my criticism of ebay here on the boards on much more than one occasion, and don't notice any affect on my sales (perhaps that is evidence I work for eBay Smiley Surprised ). True enough I don't use my store account to post here, but the accounts are linked so it's not like eBay couldn't track me down and switch off my lights if they really wanted to punish me for consistently saying their CS reps barely know what they're talking about, or for still being ticked off about the FVF on postage, how the cart "works", their general treatment of sellers, lack of site functionality in many areas.... The list goes on. 

There is this thing called confirmation bias, though, where people (generally subconsciously) look for information that confirms what they already think, or simply interpret it that way. Sometimes people get a notion stuck in their head, perceive a correlation and automatically assume that equals causation, but it's misleading to presume so. I used to think all sorts of things affected whether or not I would get views or sales (everything from answering surveys to paying my bill), but while I do know there are very real seller limitations and "lights on / lights off" things happening, eBay have a long history of automating as much of the site as possible.

I'm willing to bet that eBay is far too stingy to bother reading or screening the forums to look for criticism and then single out the seller to punish them for it. That would require hiring and paying someone in an active role, and considering they don't even bother to do that with much more important roles (eg site integrity and safety, request reviews on the basic level), I highly doubt they would invest that money for forum trolling instead.

*cue people who suddenly think that's my job*

Could be wrong, of course - I have been before, plenty of times, and eBay aren't exactly well known for their logical decisions. 

*t'was sarcasm, in case that wasn't evident

Message 12 of 69
Latest reply

further to my previous post, eBay employees are held to a higher standard when posting community content than regular plebs like us as there is even an eBay policy that covers this:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-employee.html

The part the covers posting here on the boards is:

When eBay employees submit community content as members, not as

employees, they need to identify themselves as eBay employees and state

that the content reflects their personal views and isn't written on behalf of eBay.

If you believe there are eBay employees posting here on the boards and not following eBay Employee Policy then report them specifically for that.

Message 13 of 69
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@southaustraliacardshop wrote:

@gewens wrote:

Hello, all. Just want to remind you that interpersonal dispute isn't allowed here. Thanks. 🙂

Take this subject off if you feel that way... This is a Public forum where all opinions are supposed to be allowed to be expressed. Is he getting scared?

Paddy

Paddy, actually, it is not a forum where all opinions are supposed to be allowed to be expressed, it is a moderated forum where posts that contravene eBay's Community Content Policy and Discussion Board Usage Policy are removed by moderators.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-created-content-ov.html

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

The reason it is not a free-speech forum is that that would allow racist comments, sexist comments, liable, slander and a multitude of other socially unacceptable and illegal comments to be expressed.

What is wrong with Freedom of Speech against a company like ebay, that you pay  them to display your items and you don't get that advertisement.  3 Different Stores new listings daily and not 1 Sale from any in over a week. 

Paddy

Message 14 of 69
Latest reply

dave is the moderator gewens!!!! Must be a full moon tonight!

Message 15 of 69
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

further to my previous post, eBay employees are held to a higher standard when posting community content than regular plebs like us as there is even an eBay policy that covers this:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-employee.html

The part the covers posting here on the boards is:

When eBay employees submit community content as members, not as

employees, they need to identify themselves as eBay employees and state

that the content reflects their personal views and isn't written on behalf of eBay.

If you believe there are eBay employees posting here on the boards and not following eBay Employee Policy then report them specifically for that.

Who do you report them to?

Thanks

Paddy

Message 16 of 69
Latest reply

Further to my previous post, I would now like to write an open letter to appeal to eBay.

eBay, if you are reading this, I formally propose an alternative approach when criticism of eBay arises in the forums - please consider that when a seller is busy with sales, they are A) less likely to be critical of the site (in fact, they may even be complimentary instead, which is much better for business), and B) will have less time to visit the forum in order to be critical.

Thus, the logical solution would be to actively increase the sales volume of any member who is openly critical of eBay in the forums.

TIA. 

Message 17 of 69
Latest reply

you could report them to the moderators through the "Report Inappropriate Content" link on every post.

The moderators are not eBay employees as they work for Lithium, who are contracted to provide these forums and moderate them . . . . oh wait, I forgot . . . . .dave IS the moderator gewens.

Message 18 of 69
Latest reply

tongue

Message 19 of 69
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Further to my previous post, I would now like to write an open letter to appeal to eBay.

eBay, if you are reading this, I formally propose an alternative approach when criticism of eBay arises in the forums - please consider that when a seller is busy with sales, they are A) less likely to be critical of the site (in fact, they may even be complimentary instead, which is much better for business), and B) will have less time to visit the forum in order to be critical.

Thus, the logical solution would be to actively increase the sales volume of any member who is openly critical of eBay in the forums.

TIA. 

DG

eBay read every message in these forums as Dave and others know. Posting replys like that well you are putting your foot in it like Dave. I personally dont think it would work. eBay only want our $$$$ and Restrict/Limit Our Sales. eg. I have an account which ended 15th July 2016 Payayle by 30th July and with Paypal automatic payment.. There are not enough funds in that Paypal account to cover the Fees but rest assure eBay will turn the lights on on that account so as they get their $$$$.

Dont worry about your open letter it will not be listened to

Thanks All the same

Paddy

Message 20 of 69
Latest reply