34% commission on a $47.00 item sale seems extremely high , is this a normal ebay selling fee?

djros72
Community Member

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

34% commission on a $47.00 item sale seems extremely high , is this a normal ebay selling fee?

It does. Could you give all a run through of the transaction. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Is the $47.00 the item cost only or does it include postage costs? If it doesn't include postage costs how much was that?

Its hard to say what's normal if we don't know details.

What does it say on your ebay invoice/bill:

Item cost - FVF?

Shipping cost - FVF?

Listing cost?

Any other costs listed for this item number?

What catergory was the item listed in?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It seems to be far too much and this is unusual. Ask them what are they charging for.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

If it is the foot pedal (and I think it must be as it appears to be the only sale you ave made in a while) the sale price shows as $67, plus calculated postage, so assuming it weighs over 500gm probably $13-15 (within Australia) for a total of approx $82, FVF would be around $$8, plus any listing fees, relisting fees and feature fees.  Your OP says 34% on a $47 sale, thats around $15-16 so depending on how many times you listed it and what features you added, it is possible it could be correct.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

djros72
Community Member

Thanks fot the reply ...apologies for delay . am only a "now & again user" when I checked it out , my mistake, it was actually a $67.00 sale plus postage and I got the imperession it was a freeby (that time) to post (one photo) and I still think that nearly  $16.00   on a $67.00 sale is a little high % wise !! am still interested in any comments.

Thanks Doug

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

How much was the postage cost? FVF are paid on postage as well as item cost

How is the fee split up on your eBay invoice? Final value fee on item cost $x, final value fee on postage cost $x... anything else?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

# 111455028293     Sold $67  Postage $13.40

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks stawka.

Would need details of the ebay invoice now, to find out what the total fee was made up from.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Assuming a free listing with no extra features, the total commission payable on an $80.40 sale should have been $7.96 for eBay's cut (9.9%), and another $2.23 for Paypal's cut (2.4% + $0.30), for an overall total of $10.19 (or 12.67%) in fees.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply