A New Way To Get Goods Free From eBay Seller!!! Any one can help?

One buyer ordered an aquarium filter from me and paid total $127.75 via PayPal. I check everything inside the box to make sure no any parts missing before I post out. However, this buyer still complains there is "two valves missing".

Base on my previous bad experiences, I know if I satisfy this buyer, then, he may tell me "I also found there is no filter media inside the box" etc. Therefore, I choice end of dealing with him to asking "return for a refund". Because some of those kind of bad buyers will not go on by keep item till PayPal dispute ends at seller's favour.

However, this buyer is "clever", he return a half sized box by COD (I need pay the postage and service fee). It is very clear, the original plastic made filter can't fit into small size box, and buyer needs pay the return postage under PayPal policy. So, I reject this parcel and Australia Post returned it back to sender in original.

But PayPay's decision is "After careful consideration of the evidence provided in the case detailed
below, we have completed our investigation and decided in favour of the
buyer. Under terms of our User Agreement, we have debited the following
amount from your PayPal account as a refund to the buyer: $127.75 AUD".

Of course, as a seller, I want to appeal this case. However, the appeal page showed 3 options, none of them are suit for this case:

The outcome of this claim was determined using the methods specified in the PayPal User Agreement. If you wish to appeal this decision, please complete one of the following options within 15 days of case closure:

1. I can provide tracking information.
2. The buyer has already been refunded and I can provide proof of the previous refund.
3. The item was returned but not in the same condition as when it was sent (item was returned not in original condition).

Thank you for your cooperation. PayPal will evaluate any appeals but does not guarantee a reversal of the decision.

As a seller, how to appreal this case? Because I didn't receive the returned parcel.

Any one can help? Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Call paypal and ask to speak to a supervisor.

COD is NOT an acceptable postage for return of an item as I found out when a seller asked me to return COD and when I called paypal they said that is not good enough for return postage to get a refund so I had to pay for postage with tracking so fight your case and if they do not return your payment tell them you will take it up with the financial ombudsman.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

You didn't receive it, and you did not accept it, are different things.

the buyer has to Paypal, fulfilled their obligation by proving they sent you a parcel...so far.

But the buyer has to pay return shipping.

did you try to talk to Paypal about the reason you refused it?

did you take any photos of the parcel, to show you were not sent what you posted to the buyer? 

Call Paypal and explain it in detail. If the person you get is not helpful ask to speak to a supervisor.

edit: tell them what sparklz just said

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Typical paypal and their 'careful consideration'  seems they base their decisions on a flip of a two headed coin,, heads the case is decided in buyers favour, tales for the seller.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

I believe that are a lot more tying it on to see if they can get goods for free. About 4-5 weeks ago I had 4 in 2 weeks try to tell me the items were broken. Mind you most were small cloth patches how they are broken is anyones guess the other was a pair of leather gloves. I told each of them no problems at all send them back for a full refund including return postage. The buyer with the gloves even took a photo of the so called problem. (which didn't show me any damage at all). So far I have not received any of the items back.

I do believe if sellers keep giving into these type of buyers/scammers by just refunding on a whim, the problem is going to get a lot worse.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks for your help to tell me "The financial ombudsman". However, I still want the case can be solved by PayPal decision maker.

As an eBay seller, I hope eBay can review their "on buyer's side policies". Or at least give eBay seller a rights to pre-block those kind of buyers to create a fair trading place.

Some of those buyers normally do same things to other sellers, and you can found some of bad buyers always left negative feedbacks to eBay sellers, but their feedback score is 100%.

Who knows when they will visit your shop?

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks for your help. I reject the COD parcel for two reasons:

1. I do not accept COD parcel.

2. The box is much small than original filter box, it is impossible to fit a plastic body filter into small size box.

Anyway, I will try to talk to PayPal staff and update the case in here.

eBay sellers should exchange their experience for doing business on eBay.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Good luck. yes, let us know how it goes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

For Australia PayPal team, there are only 6 or 7 staffs. And those staffs look after all Australia paypal transaction dispute cases. In real, the dispute process is a programed software.

The software can't solve "clever" people's cheatings. I hope the PayPal staff can help me.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

I run eBay store for more than 10 years. Say 5 years ago. I have everage 30 new orders every day, but there is only 1 or 2 trouble buyers per month. And ebay do compansation to me to cover my loss by give me credit to my ebay account.

But after that eBay cancelled this kind of compansation. And number of people try to get more than they paid is increase day by day. Now, sales down to 10 per day, but at least 1 of them want more than they paid.

????

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply