A-failure post

Hi, Any other sellers have trouble getting insurance from A-failure post? I insured a item for $380 which was damaged in post & A-failure post wont pay!!!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

A-failure post

cq_tech
Community Member
Lodge a complaint with the Postal Industry Ombudsman.

Their URL is http://www.pio.gov.au/making-a-complaint/
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

What was the reason for not paying you? 

I had the same issue in the past and never got my money back but only got the postage cost back.

Aust Post refused because according to them the package was not suffiently packed securely to the standard they allowed.

Well the package was packed so securely that you could have run it over with your car ,so some third party had to of removed the original packaging to make it look like it was poorly packaged.

I showed proof of how it was packed but the damaged parcel showed otherwise,so therefor I was totally ripped off.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

Have just lodged a complaint.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

When the item was damaged the buyer complained the item was not as described so i got them to return it & refunded them. A-failure post waited three months after I made a claim then asked for proof of refund. I supplied paypal records of this then they said they need a waiver from  the buyer saying he wont make a claim. This waiver needs to be witnessed by a JP.  I have asked the buyer to provide this but have had no response. why would they? They have to write a letter & get it signed in front of a JP. They have their money why would they bother with nothing in it for them.

How in hell would they be able to make a claim with no reciept or item? I have all this & stillcant get a cent!!

I will not spend another cent with auspost. I now use the officeworks mailman system. cheaper, easier & quicker.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

My local Officeworks post area is always packed chock a block. Heaps have moved over. They all must be happier than with Aust Post.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

Hi jan9792, I can understand people moving over e.g I send a lot of parcels 5-10 kg some of which cost up to $43 + insurance + signature on delivery, officeworks are $20 + insurance with sinature on delivery free!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

@abmorgan_09 wrote:

When the item was damaged the buyer complained the item was not as described so i got them to return it & refunded them. A-failure post waited three months after I made a claim then asked for proof of refund. I supplied paypal records of this then they said they need a waiver from  the buyer saying he wont make a claim. This waiver needs to be witnessed by a JP.  I have asked the buyer to provide this but have had no response. why would they? They have to write a letter & get it signed in front of a JP. They have their money why would they bother with nothing in it for them.

How in hell would they be able to make a claim with no reciept or item? I have all this & stillcant get a cent!!

I will not spend another cent with auspost. I now use the officeworks mailman system. cheaper, easier & quicker.

Maybe it's too late now because yo have gone to the PIO, but I would still try asking the buyer again and clearly explaining that you paid the refund from your own funds & that Aust. Post requires the document so you can claim the insurance & they can reimburse you (not suggesting you haven't already done all this, but perhaps the buyer doesn't realise where his/her refund came from) - even if you have to draft up something for them & send it to their private email so all they have to do is print it off - most pharmacists are JP's, surely it can't be that hard for them to have it witnessed.

Good luck anyway Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

Hi, After a complaint to the ombudsman & an email to auspost they have finally agreed to pay up. Was hard work though.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

A-failure post

Some time ago I had two items damaged by Aust Post.  (Clams still to be done due to a lot of family issues).  Both were Melbourne metro deliveries, and in those situations I know I can get away with a larger than required box with no extra postage cost.

To provide further evidence for my claims, I asked a regular buyer to take her parcel to her LPO and open it in front of the postal worker.  I also asked for that person to sign to say the 'packaging was up to Aust Post standards',  'packaging exceeds Aust Post standards'.  The person at the Post Office refused to do so, which didn't go down well with the complaints people when I rang them.

So as there is nothing in Aust Post information as to what their 'standards' are (apart from the dropping of the parcel), who can say what they are.  I suppose it would just depend on who you got when taking damaged goods back to the PO, as to whether that person decided it was up to 'standard' or not.

It's about time Aust Post were more specific on their 'standards of packaging'.  They leave the door wide open to back away from any liability through negligence.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply