AP turned their business around and made a profit of 36 million...

Job cuts, increased stamp prices, and slower delivery times have resulted in AP turning things around and making a profit of $36,000,000, compared to a loss last year.  

If those changes made that much difference to their profits, I'm hoping they won't need to put prices up again any time soon.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Don't worry, Parcel Post is most certainly next on the price hike list - it has to go to $10 or so to be in line with the stamp rate (500g parcel = roughly ten stamps - it was $5-odd when they were 55c each, $6-odd when they were 60c each, then $7-odd when they were 70c each). I'm sure that will kill what little Parcel Post sales I do get.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If parcel post prices go up from approx $7 odd to over $10 odd in line with the huge stamp prices that went up more than 30% then

1. You could use cheap courier services like fastway or sendle

2. Increase your prices to be inline with these increase.

The good thing about this, is that EVERYONE that sells online is affected, so its not like 

one online seller has an advantage over another.... We are all in the same price boat.

The only sellers that win in this scenario is the bricks n mortar stores or the sellers that offer

pickup only.

Lets hope AP doesn't put the prices up any time soon since they are now in the Black.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply