ATT SELLERS POSTING TO OR WITHIN AUSTRALIA

jeamwe
Community Member
Hi, just a genuine plea to those who sell to or within Australia, please please stop using Australia Post as your delivery choice, they have become unreliable, incompetent and inefficient. Apart from charging high prices they loop deliveries in circles before they get to their destinations. They have been very inconsistent with scanning items lately, so you have no idea where your item is. They are extremely slow. And it just keeps getting worse but dont take my word on it, check this out https://www.productreview.com.au/p/australia-post.html

Please as least take this under consideration.

Im sick of receiving items in an unreliable and stressful manner.
Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

I would love to use another postal service...I hate it when I post an item and it sits in a "black hole" for weeks.

Unfortunatly, I live in regional NSW. I really have no other choice but to use AP. I post items quite frequently to WA and SA.

I can't get those items to these places within a reasonable time frame and cost.

I feel your pain though. AP is becoming slower.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

So you are suggesting that all sellers use couriers?

I can guarantee that sales will fall through the floor on ebay.

There are areas in Australia who have no delivery service except Australia Post.

Many buyers are not home during the day to accept courier deliveries and cannot make alternate arrangements.  They just will not buy if they know they will not get their items without major hassles.

While Australia Post is not always the best option, sometimes it is the ONLY option for buyers.

Many of us do not bother to track items every step of the way and we still get items in good time and with no problems.

If it were only courier delivery I would stop buying on ebay and look for another online option.

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

jeamwe
Community Member
What about sendle?
Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

I agree with the otehrs, I am not at home all day to accept courier parcels and cannot usually get to other pick up points during work hours. I will not buy if sellers do not post with AP. Courier deliveries are a pain in the butt and I have had no problems with Aus post. I also do not track anything unless it is way overdue.

Latest reply

Sendle is a courier broker....they send the items with a courier.

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Sendle is a courier broker....they send the items with a courier.

And not mention they (sendle) dont service a LOT of country areas. 

As someone who has used a lot of couriers over the years  - Aust post leave them for dead. 

Having said that - Aust post is still a train wreck looking for somewhere to happen. 

Im still getting mail returning to me for no reason, Aust post support is hopeless and they are putting prices up soon as well .

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

jeamwe
Community Member
Nawwww wish there was a solution. Australia Post really stresses me out. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

Couriers may work for you.

They certainly don't work for me - as a buyer or a seller.

One size definitely doesn't fit all. Or even a majority, probably.

If you're stressing out about delivery times, maybe you should be buying earlier, or from a real B&M shop.

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

As a seller, you have the option to offer whatever delivery service you like. However, if you want to use couriers rather than AP, it would make sense to offer both services. That way people in city areas can use a courier if they like, and those of us in rural and regional areas can select AP. There are members of these forums whereby it's a 4+ hour round trip to go and collect a courier delivery from their depot. I would also suggest you mention in your listing that you offer both services. If you only offer courier, then definitely mention it so buyers like myself don't buy from you.

As a buyer, you have no choice apart from what the seller offers. If my sellers offer courier only, I hit the back button immediately.

Edited to add: I have only had 3 items go missing in transit and one parcel got stuck in a game of AP ping pong. Contacting them got the parcel out of the game and on its way. Overall I find them to be pretty good.

Spoiler
You don't happen to sell paint or cheap electrical products from China do you?
Message 10 of 44
Latest reply