Absolutely Abhorent Treatment of an Ebay Seller with a long term good record

Read this story and weep for the seller.

I've never seen such disgraceful treatment of a seller by ebay CS in my time on here.

I think this one is up in the same league as the top end mobile phone scam by a Canadian buyer that was on these boards a while back.

That one ended up in the seller's favour (after some persistence) as I believe this one should too.

https://www.facebook.com/eBay.com.au/posts/1349562681737800?hc_location=ufi

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Talk about two-faced clarry, it's no wonder sellers are pulling out of eBay when this sort of thing is happening, it's obvious that the poor seller has been shafted by both eBay and the buyer, but CS are refusing to look at the evidence in black and white in the eBay messages between the buyer and seller.

As you say the seller should win this in the end, but even if they do I somehow doubt if they'll come back to selling here. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

seems ebay is hellbent on becoming a once used platform for buying and selling we read about in history books

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Very depressing read, but I have to wonder why people sell $3000 Chanel bags and other items worth thousands and thousands on this platform.

Such sellers are just setting themselves up for heartache and headaches.

There are plenty other fashion-specific resale sites out there which deal with second-hand high end items.

Such sellers would be far better off to list with those sites than Ebay.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

should it matter wether its a $3,000 bag or a $50 shirt?

ebay should investigate disputed claims properly, they are taking enough fees and charges and constantly telling us what a great place to sell ebay is.

this story really makes ebay look second rate. no, thats being too generous, try 5th rate

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Pity the media didn't pick up on things like this.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

When I was attending PESA last year on the Gold Coast I was in an all-day presentation given by Tim Davies.

During that presentation he linked up live with Jim "Griff" Griffiths via the web.

Griff is the #6 ever employee of ebay and still holds a very senior position in ebay. He was the founding member of Customer Support division although these days he does not work for CS. He said during that preso that if ever we needed to contact him personally about an issue please feel free to do so and gave us his personal email address at ebay.

So this morning I thought this is deserving of such an email so I have brought it to his attention.

Not sure if/not it will do any good but it certainly can't hurt.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Where is Judge Judy when you need her ?

I've seen her show a few times whereby similar (E-Bay USA) situations arose that ended up in her Courtroom and Judge Judy sorted it out in no time .....

We need an Australian "Judge Judy" type Court room show to give Australians an idea how often buyers and/or sellers are left in the lurch by E-Bay either sitting on the fence or their heavy handedness in "resolving" an issue........

It would make interesting viewing, however in this case with the buyer in the USA and the seller in Australia it complicates matters tremendously, especially with the amount involved (thousands of dollars).

I thought E-Bay had a special department for investigating matters of great dollar value and one can only wonder if this is the best outcome they have been able to come up with ??????

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

The seller did speak with the manager of "the high value claims" department.

He simply supported the CS team and said they do not read any ebay messages.

I will see what (if anything) Griff comes back with.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

The seller did speak with the manager of "the high value claims" department.

He simply supported the CS team and said they do not read any ebay messages.

I will see what (if anything) Griff comes back with.

That statement by CS is absolute rubbish!

I've been on the phone with CS a few times and they have gone through emails while I've been talking to them.

CS can and do review email correspondence.

I even had one CS match multiple ID's and emails to multiple unpaid items in the course of one phone call.

They even managed to come up with a list of the multiple ID's for one particular user and put them directly into my BBL.

I'm not trying to say that CS is always that good but it certainly can be when someone experienced is using the systems available to CS operators.

If, as the seller claims, it's a high value transaction, I'd be very surprised if emails didn't get a review.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply