Allow Buyer list

Hi,

I have set my buyer requirements to block buyers who are serial non payers.

Every now and then I get a request from a blocked buyer to reverse this.

In the past if I have been happy with their excuse I would add their ID to a list called something like "Allowed buyer list" or something like that, not sure of the lists name, but I have used it in the past.

Now I can't find it, can anyone refresh my memory on what it is called and where it is.

Or have the ever helpful ebay youngsters deleted that function?

Thanks for any help in anticipation.

Cheers

Irky

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Allow Buyer list

I think you mean the "Buyer Requirements Exemption List". Try this link.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

It is called Block buyers from your listins.  If you googe just for this frase it will give a link to a releavnt eBay page with help. I just do bother to  remember where it is located and always use google to find the page and the ebay page google is refering to to open that list straight away.

And you cannot "allow", you can just block them by user id and/or email or remove their id and/or email from the  block list.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

Thanks Clarry, Right on the button.

Knew it was a thing just couldn't remember its name!

Cheers

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

Permitting/allowing is NOT the same as removing a name from a block list. The other day I nearly went crazy trying to find the link that clarry posted - it simply wasn't available to me in the site map like it used to be (manage bidders or something) and I was going in circles getting nowhere very quickly trying to find the option in my ebay/account settings on ebay Australia.

I got onto ebay live chat/help where I was going/sent in a few more circles - they finally told me the option wasn't available on ebay Australia and did not share with me the link that clarry posted....

My question is: if clarry hadn't posted the link how would one go about finding it on the ebay Australia site?

I had a buyer I wanted to 'allow' the other day to get around a potential shipping issue. I ended up being able to permit/allow them via the American ebay site - was the only way around it.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

@chezzy wrote:

My question is: if clarry hadn't posted the link how would one go about finding it on the ebay Australia site?

All of the links I had that would go direct to the page to block or exempt buyers on my eBay summary now go to a help page (Managing Bidders or something like that, same with the site map link) which only provides the link to block buyers, but there's still one help page left with links to the exemption list.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

That's a weird change. There used to be an Exemption List box in the Blocked Buyers List page which is now gone. The only thing I can think of then is to add the buyer from the Buyer Requirements page if they have already tried to bid and failed - there's a tick box against the buyer's ID TI exempt from requirements. But I know sometimes whether you can see the buyer's ID depends on why they were blocked, not sure if this will work for the too many strikes reason. Other then that you'll have to go into the listing and remove the blocks for that particular item.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

The only ones that I've had the ability to unblock were the low feedback buyers who hadn't gone through phone verification. Too many strikes or in a location I don't post to have anonymous ID's and no tick box.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

I don't exempt these buyers whatever their 'excuse'. They made the liist by stuffing around other sellers. Not being able to buy my ittem is their punishment (although they will probably just use a friend's account!)

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Allow Buyer list

@rocket2retro wrote:

I don't exempt these buyers whatever their 'excuse'. They made the liist by stuffing around other sellers. Not being able to buy my ittem is their punishment (although they will probably just use a friend's account!)

I don't generally unblock anyone, even if they ask. They stuff up, they pay the price, simple. I did unblock one person with too many strikes once. He had over 5,000 feedback and he sent me a message saying he had been in hospital for 3 months after having a heart attack and subsequent surgery. My first thought was yeah, yeah, sure sure, oldest excuse in the book. Interestingly, he had a bunch of false positives around that time and impeccable feedback prior.

I pointed out that hospital is the oldest excuse in the book, so he sent me a photo of his cardiology report and hospital discharge summary! I figured what the hell, so I unblocked him. He bought a heap of stuff, paid for it and has since bought heaps more stuff multiple times. I certainly wouldn't unblock on request, but sending that evidence showed he was probably telling the truth.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply