Am in desperate need of help.. EBAY WILL NOT HELP...

Hoping someone can help me find a resolution... I have been an ebay seller for over 10 years.. and have always conducted myself in a professional manner... HOWEVER..I had a problem in September, where 3 people lodged disputes saying they had not received their items, so a refund was provided... NOW...EBAY ARE NOW PUTTING A 21 DAY HOLD ON MY PAYPAL FUNDS.. 

I am so distressed... this is my main form of income, and now I have over $1100.00 OF MY OWN MONEY ON HOLD.. My items I send are suitable to be sent in a small padded bag, so I just buy stamps, so I can send any purchases at anytime.. so am unable to provide a tracking number... I am now in financial difficulty, as ebay is my main source of income, and I have sent countless emails to ebay, and have not had a satisfactoy response.. Now my seller account is restricted, as my fees are outstanding.. but I have emailed ebay and asked them to take the amount owing out from my paypal account.. but I seem to get nowhere..

Does ANYONE have any advise on how I fix this??

Lyn

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I suspect that with a lot of the people who've had problems withdrawing over $1K at a time there have been other issues involved that they haven't mentioned.

I think the OP has only let their paypal account get up this high because they haven't been able to withdraw anything, ie. $1,100 is 21 days worth of selling (they did say it's their main form of income).

I think the Financial Services Ombudsman is their best bet, especially if they can't even make a one-time payment of ebay fees from their paypal funds.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

They will normally only hold funds for items in question/dispute. I have to point out that if $1100 is the proceeds of 3 sales then you should be sending such items tracked and insured. If you don't then sadly the risk of loss is on you and with the amount of fraud these days when and if I do sell I don't take any chances.

If the PayPal account itself is on hold then you can pay fees by credit card. You normally need one to sell on eBay anyway.

Without sounding harsh, if you depend on eBay for your income then leaving money in your PayPal to build up that high isn't a great idea. It takes 2 days to get from PP into your bank account so you've obviously not got drastic cash flow problems. If you, like any sensible seller, have gone into PayPal to verify payment and get details before posting then you should just take it out then and there.
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

What they normally do is irrelevant.  Ebay has asked paypal to hold ALL of OP's funds for 21 days due to postage defects, and because they couldn't access their funds they haven't paid their fees and now their account has been restricted even further.  If they have no income available from sales they're possibly already at their limit on their credit card.

"Without sounding harsh" - it DOES sound harsh, especially in light of the fact that the OP had no choice but to let the funds build up because they couldn't withdraw them.  Talk about kicking a person when they're down!

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

No my point was that the funds should've been out before that. They say they rely on that income but left $1100 in PayPal where it's useless unless shopping online. The fact that the OP would've had ample opportunity to withdraw at the time of payment and didn't suggests it can't be that urgent. If the funds went in after the restriction then I'm hoping the goods wouldn't have been sent.

Why would anyone not send with signature? $3 extra that the buyer pays. Then there's a lot less chance of being in this position
Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

How would the op let the funds build up? No way I'd be selling anything or posting if I couldn't access my funds.
Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

If OP was able to withdraw money from their PayPal account then OP wouldn't have the whole $1100 in the account.

OP would have withdrawn all the amounts as they came in surely?

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

I hear your frustration,but consider yourself luckier than most because 12 months ago your account would have been suspended

forever.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

I have never heard that one before stawka. I regularly leave funds in my paypal accounts and withdraw amounts of over $1000 very regularly without any paper work or fuss. This includes paypal accounts linked to my two stores and my regular non store, 40 freebies per month account. I have never lodged any identification paperwork with paypal that I can recall.

Can you provide further information stawka as it is a new one to me.

Maybe it's changed since, or it's different for a non-business account,

or maybe just noobs, dunno

But when I first tried to w'draw over $1,000 I had to send them copies of

business name registration and ABN

But that was going back a few years.   Once done, I don't have any problems.

Anyway, it was just a thought  thinking.gif

(And apparently, not a good one)

As you were....................................

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Danco, I think I may know where your problem has originated.

1. There seems to be a level of dysfunction in the communication between eBay and PayPal at the moment.

2. eBay seem to be having a systems problem in marking open cases as resolved.

note - there is a particular issue if for any reason one of these buyers was logged into eBay US when they opened the case.

This means you will have to deal with 2 separate CS reps via an internal transfer.

What you will need to do is call eBay CS and have them look at the INR cases involved.

They may have to close them manually from their end.

Earlier comments regarding increasing your handling time are very apt and you should look at this asap.

Particularly important now as Christmas mail will back up and slow down considerably very soon.

Buyers (and eBay estimates) will also not take the numerous public holidays into account so build in some padding.

The PP hold is not legal under Aus law so open a case with FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service).

Let PP know that you have done this and you should find the hold terminated quickly.

PP are well within their rights to hold funds for the 3 affected sales but not your entire account.

An email from the FOS has had magical results in the past as PP know they are on very shaky ground with holds like this.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

A letter to the Financial Ombudsman should sought that one out. I had the 21 day hold removed within a few days!

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply