An Effort to Alert Buyers

The problem is getting the message across to buyers.

They do not 'attend' these forums.

I am adding a message - with the understanding - most buyers do not read - to each & every one of my listings.

I am lost for another solution..

In each package sent I include a flyer with info on the  item etc will be adding this to the flyer.

Just alerting one buyer is an improvement on the current situation.

I am asking all for improvements to my message - any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

IMPORTANT: INFO FOR BUYERS

We as Buyers are having a decimating impact on Australian Sellers

The newly introduced 'defect' system ie: the Detailed Seller Rating Stars are now a great part of the Feedback System.

These ratings if not an honest reflection of a sale will see your favourite Australian Sellers disappear from eBay.

A score of 3 & below become a 'defect' & be aware these ratings are no longer anonymous & could cause a block from the seller.

When purchasing do as you would do if in a store.

Do not just go by the 'pic' read the description - all you need to know is usually there.

This will help you if your item is not as described & save a lot of time & effort in having to return the item usually at your expense.

Ask a question - before buying - communication is not only expected from the seller.

Consider the postage costs & time - if the postage seems too high or the time stated for posting does not suit you - do not buy.

Sellers do not control the postal system anymore than they control the weather.

Consider the Seller's previous Feedback - always a good indication of the experience of others.

Keep in mind purchases from China are cheap but expensive to return with proof of posting for PayPal protection.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

I'll have to think about that one, i'm not convinced it a good idea to include the flyer.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 73
Latest reply

Looks good to me..If no one has anything to add I will be ducking down to my local printer...I will get a whole ream printed off ..( If I last that long to get that many out there of course.) I have already had one store downgraded ..

Message 3 of 73
Latest reply

Trying to look at this from the buyer's point of view, I'm nt sure I would not be happy to receive such a long winded spiel.  It smacks of lecturing to me and I would be mildly offended.  It's one thing to include a thank you note and perhaps even a reminder to leave feedback if they are happy, but this goes too far IMO.  I think it might scare buyers off.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 73
Latest reply

I would not add a note like that to buyers.

As a buyer I hate getting the "bad eBay, poor me" notes about feedback and DSRs and I avoid those sellers in the future.

We include a simple Thank You note with Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns, together with personal contact info.

Message 5 of 73
Latest reply

If you are going to include a flyer I would suggest making it as short and brief as possible if you want to get your message across.

Buyers don't usually bother to read descriptions so I am not sure they would want to read a long flyer.

Message 6 of 73
Latest reply

I can see it as a massive back fire including a flyer like that.

I will keep thinking on it.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 73
Latest reply

Hi Helen, I would feel affronted to be be told that "You & I"(which is what your first line says) are killing 1 in 10 Sellers.

Message 8 of 73
Latest reply

Some grammatical bloopers and probably vague to a first time buyer, but otherwise good and worth trying.
Message 9 of 73
Latest reply

I send a thank you note with all my business details. The back of the note has some tips for new buyers which includes paying safely, avoiding scams, changing the best match default and the effect of DSR's and feedback for sellers.

I have no idea if anyone has ever read or taken notice of them, but I've never had any complaints. I wouldnt be happy with a long winded spiel like the above, just like I'm not happy when sellers thank you for your business and then insist that you leave them 5 stars.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 10 of 73
Latest reply