An Effort to Alert Buyers

The problem is getting the message across to buyers.

They do not 'attend' these forums.

I am adding a message - with the understanding - most buyers do not read - to each & every one of my listings.

I am lost for another solution..

In each package sent I include a flyer with info on the  item etc will be adding this to the flyer.

Just alerting one buyer is an improvement on the current situation.

I am asking all for improvements to my message - any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

IMPORTANT: INFO FOR BUYERS

We as Buyers are having a decimating impact on Australian Sellers

The newly introduced 'defect' system ie: the Detailed Seller Rating Stars are now a great part of the Feedback System.

These ratings if not an honest reflection of a sale will see your favourite Australian Sellers disappear from eBay.

A score of 3 & below become a 'defect' & be aware these ratings are no longer anonymous & could cause a block from the seller.

When purchasing do as you would do if in a store.

Do not just go by the 'pic' read the description - all you need to know is usually there.

This will help you if your item is not as described & save a lot of time & effort in having to return the item usually at your expense.

Ask a question - before buying - communication is not only expected from the seller.

Consider the postage costs & time - if the postage seems too high or the time stated for posting does not suit you - do not buy.

Sellers do not control the postal system anymore than they control the weather.

Consider the Seller's previous Feedback - always a good indication of the experience of others.

Keep in mind purchases from China are cheap but expensive to return with proof of posting for PayPal protection.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

It's reads as a bit condersending for me, and a bit negitive, only my opinion.

Message 11 of 73
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

I'll have to think about that one, i'm not convinced it a good idea to include the flyer.Smiley Happy

I have always included a 'message' within the package.

Buyers seem to like receiving them not just the item alone.

It includes care of their purchase & a thank you for purchasing.

It could also include information that eventually - I believe - will impact on all of us as buyers .

eBay are allowing the 'big boys' - god knows why - they, as said previously - all have their own 'defective' websites & no need to mention China again.

The convenience of buying online aside - take an electronic gadget - if in a store I can examine it, see if it does indeed work, ask pertinent questions about use etc, choose a colour & best of all not have to post it back but take it back for a refund or a replacement next time I am out & about..

The feedback of all these is shocking to say the least but due to volume does not even make a dint.

I am not asking you to do it - just asking for improvements on mine.

Message 12 of 73
Latest reply

@fetzerveeble wrote:
Some grammatical bloopers and probably vague to a first time buyer, but otherwise good and worth trying.

OK vague to a first time buyer - needs improvement.

Grammatical bloopers - ?????

Message 13 of 73
Latest reply

I'm 100% behind you about the new system, i'm just not sure what is the best way around it.

We need buyers to leave Ebay and buy from us on other sites, that's the answer, but....................................................

Message 14 of 73
Latest reply

I guess its hard to look at it from solely the buyers side ATM when selling has been with me for so long....But I think something has to make buyers aware as a lot of buyers do usually sell SOMETHING on ebay or consider it at least...

Message 15 of 73
Latest reply

I certainly would not add a note like that for my buyers. I hate receiving notes like that when I purchase therefore I would not send one out when I sell.

You are sending it with a purchase? which means they have already bought, so the bit about asking questions, read description etc is useless.
Message 16 of 73
Latest reply

As mentioned I totally agree.

So asking for short & sweet but inclusive.

Message 17 of 73
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

I'm 100% behind you about the new system, i'm just not sure what is the best way around it.

We need buyers to leave Ebay and buy from us on other sites, that's the answer, but....................................................

Thing is some very savvy tech 'invented' eBay.

Where for heavens sake is another more savvy tech.

Message 18 of 73
Latest reply

lynf3024
Community Member

OP I think you would be surprised at the number of buyers who actually do "attend" these forums.

I have been an ebay member for a very long time..despite this ID being relatively new.

I have been both a seller and a buyer and as a buyer I am sorry but I resent your  condescending, long winded flyer.

If I received this in a parcel that I had purchased from you it would be my last purchase.

Your flyer is insulting and will certainly do nothing except maybe get you the exact opposite of what you hope to achieve.

A score of 3 & below become a 'defect' & be aware these ratings are no longer anonymous & could cause a block from the seller.

The above line in particular is bordering on a threat...if the buyer leaves less 4 stars you will block them.

Most people don't react well to threats.

Message 19 of 73
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

I send a thank you note with all my business details. The back of the note has some tips for new buyers which includes paying safely, avoiding scams, changing the best match default and the effect of DSR's and feedback for sellers.

I have no idea if anyone has ever read or taken notice of them, but I've never had any complaints. I wouldnt be happy with a long winded spiel like the above, just like I'm not happy when sellers thank you for your business and then insist that you leave them 5 stars.

Agree - long winded - need to be concise.

I have reached the stage where I leave feedback only - if happy with a sale I find no reason to disect it.

Message 20 of 73
Latest reply