An Effort to Alert Buyers

The problem is getting the message across to buyers.

They do not 'attend' these forums.

I am adding a message - with the understanding - most buyers do not read - to each & every one of my listings.

I am lost for another solution..

In each package sent I include a flyer with info on the  item etc will be adding this to the flyer.

Just alerting one buyer is an improvement on the current situation.

I am asking all for improvements to my message - any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

IMPORTANT: INFO FOR BUYERS

We as Buyers are having a decimating impact on Australian Sellers

The newly introduced 'defect' system ie: the Detailed Seller Rating Stars are now a great part of the Feedback System.

These ratings if not an honest reflection of a sale will see your favourite Australian Sellers disappear from eBay.

A score of 3 & below become a 'defect' & be aware these ratings are no longer anonymous & could cause a block from the seller.

When purchasing do as you would do if in a store.

Do not just go by the 'pic' read the description - all you need to know is usually there.

This will help you if your item is not as described & save a lot of time & effort in having to return the item usually at your expense.

Ask a question - before buying - communication is not only expected from the seller.

Consider the postage costs & time - if the postage seems too high or the time stated for posting does not suit you - do not buy.

Sellers do not control the postal system anymore than they control the weather.

Consider the Seller's previous Feedback - always a good indication of the experience of others.

Keep in mind purchases from China are cheap but expensive to return with proof of posting for PayPal protection.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

@lynf3024 wrote:

OP I think you would be surprised at the number of buyers who actually do "attend" these forums.

I have been an ebay member for a very long time..despite this ID being relatively new.

I have been both a seller and a buyer and as a buyer I am sorry but I resent your  condescending, long winded flyer.

If I received this in a parcel that I had purchased from you it would be my last purchase.

Your flyer is insulting and will certainly do nothing except maybe get you the exact opposite of what you hope to achieve.

A score of 3 & below become a 'defect' & be aware these ratings are no longer anonymous & could cause a block from the seller.

The above line in particular is bordering on a threat...if the buyer leaves less 4 stars you will block them.

Most people don't react well to threats.

Touchy - information given is not to be read as a threat - usually just informational.

The warning given and one wonders why it is necessary but it is -  common sense is not common - do not use hairdryer in bath or shower you could get an electric shock

Disclosure of any kind is meant to be transparent -  & surely not worded as a threat.

The word could is not would & the truth of the matter is:

The ratings are no longer anonymous & it has been mentioned on more than a hundred occasions by sellers they do block low dsr givers.

I think as a buyer I woud like to be informed of all the rules.

Message 21 of 73
Latest reply

Buyers don't give a tuppenny about our defects, there plenty of other seller to buy from.

Message 22 of 73
Latest reply

Righto.  Lot's of people raising their concern with your note but not offering an alternative.

Here's my alternative.

Please help us as we value your business.

eBay has introduced a new system designed to improve your experience as a buyer.  However, the system is inadvertantly shutting down honest and reliable Sellers (like us) and often because of conditions beyond their control.

We believe eBay, as well intending as they are, have created an unbalanced system designed to shut down dodgy Sellers, but also taking down well established Sellers.

We only ask of you to consider the impact of leaving negative or neutral feedback and low (3 or less) ratings for purchase details.

ebay02.jpg

These stack up against us with little or no chance to have them corrected and it takes very few of these to now shut down an eBay store.

Please talk to us if you have any concerns regarding your purchase.  We want to help you, and we want to see dodgy Sellers gone just as much as you.

Thank you.

Something like that anyway.

That's it from me.

Message 23 of 73
Latest reply

If I received a letter like that I would mark your stars down just because and I bet I wouldn't be the only one to do so.
Message 24 of 73
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

Buyers don't give a tuppenny about our defects, there plenty of other seller to buy from.

It is a very diverse marketplace - and perhaps with Australian Sellers not so many selling exactly what you want.

And as a buyer I do give a damn about my effect on a seller - whether online or in a store or wherever - it makes for a pleasant all round experience.

I even say please & thank you.

Message 25 of 73
Latest reply

No not touchy...just one of a growing number of buyers who are sick of being treated like the enemy by some sellers.

Message 26 of 73
Latest reply

Oh pity you can't hear me clapping.

I like it much better - which is what I asked for help with.

Most would think it long winded - but how to keep the content.

Message 27 of 73
Latest reply

Our message on the auto eBay Posted email is

Hello {B_FIRSTNAME}, Thank you for your purchase & prompt payment.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your purchase please feel free to contact me. Thank you, your business is much appreciated.

Regards,
Myname

Our note enclosed with parcels is a Thank You for your purchase and Please contact us if there are any questions or concerns followed by personal contact info.

NO mention of feedback

NO mention of DSRs

Message 28 of 73
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Oh pity you can't hear me clapping.

I like it much better - which is what I asked for help with.

Most would think it long winded - but how to keep the content.

It's a difficult thing to condense but the style is an appeal.

bigbrickshop - It's not asking for a specific feedback or DSR, it's asking them to consider the impact of their feedback etc.

I would ask some detractors here what they would do if asked by a restaurant waiter how you found their meal/service etc?  If you enjoyed the meal would you tell them to bash it, just because they asked?  What part of business relationship don't you understand?

Anyway ...

Message 29 of 73
Latest reply

I have something similar on my auto posted email.
Message 30 of 73
Latest reply