Another lister's ad appears on my listing

mikepjg
Community Member

Hi,

Whenever I look at my listing, another seller's ad appears across my product's image..

I can 'x' it to make it disappear, but I don't want it there at all..how can I make sure it doesn't appear every time?

Thanks

Mike

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I'm not seeing any ads across your images, in either photo.

What I am noticing is though, a really low priced item where I have to wonder if you are making any profit! I can only assume that your product is small enough to go in a small padded bag? Even then, there would be $1.40 in postage (at least), then eBay and PayPal fees on top of it.

Not trying to be picky, I have just seen many times where new sellers rip themselves off and undercharge for their item, effectively paying eBay out of their own pocket to sell their item.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I see no adds from other sellers,just the bit at the bottom about what other items people have also  looked at.

P.S you might want to remove the website addy & phone number details as it is a policy violation.If someone reports your listing as promoting sales outside of eBay or even having contact details,your listing could(probably will) be removed.This kind of thing was mentioned on a thread last week or so.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for responding..Can't see the strip of listings under my main image & across the small images?..hmm ah well..as for the price..well I'm trying to move them..they haven't sold real well..so I thought just get them out there.
I know I'll not make much profit..but I need to move them.

Cheers
Mike
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you for replying..you can't see them either?..I must be seeing things..it may be as already suggested..other suggested items..but I don't really want them there..as for address/phone info etc..I didn't realise it was breaching policy..I haven't been penalised, but I'll delete them.

Cheers
Mike
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Are you referring to the "People who viewed this item also viewed..." segment between seller info and item description?

If so, that's one of the few advertising "features" a seller can actually switch off. 

You need to go to My eBay > Account > Marketing Tools and select 'Do not cross promote my items'. That means your items won't be promoted on other seller's listings, and other seller's listings won't be promoted on yours. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I know what you're talking about I think... I saw this on my dad's computer.

It was in Mozilla and I had installed all the pop-up blockers,ad blockers, etc.  Didn't help.

Then I checked Chrome and it was there too.  

Turned out it was a program that had installed itself, probably with another program (I dunno exactly, I didn't do it)

I can't remember the name of it now, but the name of the seller or company matched a program in the program list.  I just uninstalled it as I would any program.

Very clever whoever wrote it.

Hope that helps.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

If it's not a program, check the add-ons in your browser - see if there's any you don't recognise.

What makes me think it's a program is that it was in both browsers, but this could be a different species.  

Worth checking anyway.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply..I will check it out...and post my finding.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you...I intend to check my program list & see if any rogues live there...will post my result.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply