Another tale of woe about Aust Post

5kazam
Community Member

Monday of last week I lodged a 5kg mailing bag at the PO going from Vic to WA.  Tracking showed it went through Sunshine West on Wednesday and then to North Melbourne on Thursday.  No further tracking events.  Checked again yesterday – still at North Melbourne.

So I rang Aust Post to find out what was going on.  Apparently North Melbourne is the lost property area.  There was an admission that my parcel SOMEHOW had been torn and they couldn’t read the forwarding address.  See next para as to why they couldn’t read it.

Emailed my buyer and explained the situation.  Later on yesterday I received an email from the WA buyer to tell me he had gone to his PO to pick up his mail, and there was flat parcel that SOMEHOW had MY sticky label on it.  (There was also another label for a delivery address in Vic. and has subsequently been redirected back to Vic (hope it wasn't an eBay sale for the seller's sake)).  Those address labels do not come off easily, and particularly so when stuck to the plastic mailing bags.

My parcel was supposed to be re-packed either yesterday or today, with a new tracking number, and on-forwarded, but now I can’t get any confirmation from Aust Post as to whether it has been done or not.

And I just hope Aust Post's packing standards are up to my standards - irreplaceable item if they don't do it right.

Grrr!!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woman Mad

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ask them on their facebook page. i'm sure you will get given the tracking number. And anything else required to avoid public shaming.

I will be getting onto AP via facebook late this evening, as they have managed to non-deliver an item (2 actually) twice to an address. And have not responded within their 24 hour promise. They told the buyer the GPS showed delivery and they had a signature from a resident of an empty house. Posted with a standard AP satchel. No signature required, so no way would signature have been asked for, much less obtained.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for that tip Davewil.  Posted on AP FB, and a positive response received.

I now have a new tracking number, and the advice that the parcel has been sent to WA.  

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Later on yesterday I received an email from the WA buyer to tell me he had gone to his PO to pick up his mail, and there was flat parcel that SOMEHOW had MY sticky label on it. 

-----------------------

Well, on the bright side, I would say your buyer will be reasonable & perfectly understands they delay has nothing to do with you.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Now there's a coincidence !

I have a customer enquiry lodged at the moment for a parcel heading from Sydney to Woodend, Vic.

The last tracking event shows a lodgement scan at SUNSHINE WEST on June 9.

Could it be that there is a problem at Sunshine West. Certainly looks like it !!

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Well my customer finally received her item this morning after it sat at Chullora for almost a week,I received a msg from AusPost asking me about their service in relation to this matter.I have a lot to say when I reply and none of it is good.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yes he is being reasonable and rational, and unless he hits the wrong button, I don't see a defect coming up.  

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I would either get on the phone to Aust Post, or onto their Facebook page, give them the tracking number, and get them to start searching for your parcel.

Have to say after posting on FB it seems they do a more thorough search than when you ring.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I can only imagine that none of it would be printable here!!! lol

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply