Answers to some of your Seller Release questions

Hi everyone.

We have read the posts you made about yesterday’s Seller Release and have done our best to answer some of the most common questions. We've posted it as a new thread in the eBay News & Information Board. I will ask the mods if they could move all the threads on this topic into that Board so that we can continue to hear what you need to know. If you have more questions, please make sure you post them there.

Joanna_Oz

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

So if Australia Post lost my package (it happens!), will I be refunded for some of my fee's?

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Nah...

No refund...

You will likely have to pay a second lot of FVF on the postage component just to mail out the replacement item.

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

Likely? More like certainly, if they can work out a way to charge for a non-cost replacement.

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

ebay employees dont read discussion boards  ? well thats what i was led to believe

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

IMO this announcement and "response" to thread content, certainly ends another furphy created by regulars.

Of course eBay reps review the content of the discussion boards.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Of COURSE they were going to with this one.

But I doubt they read the general posts.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

I find it ironic that ebay has spent so long trying to stop sellers from over charging and making money on the postage, and now they are doing the same thing. Not quite sure how this makes them any better then all those Chinese sellers with their free postage. Not to worry, this was the final straw from me and I have already started selling ( and sucessfully, which makes a change from on here lately) on the other Aussie site.

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Not only that, but by pushing sellers to offer free postage it means that postage is factored into the item prices....when  a buyer buys multiple items and combines them they end up paying way too much for postage!

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

Many questions were asked, where are your answers, Joanna?

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply