Any free listings this weekend? Hoping, but not holding my breath ....

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Well, "this weekend" is now here, and I'm not seeing anything but the default 40 free listings... In fact I can't even remember the last time I had anything but that.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Too big a jump I reckon

Just like Australia Post's parcel rates! A DVD or game costs either $1.40 or $2.10 in a bubble mailer, or $7.45 if the moron at the counter tries to force you to use Parcel Post. Why doesn't Australia Post have a "small parcels" option at around $3 or so? Meanwhile, China can send infinite bulky items to Australia with free postage and AP are happy to deliver them at no extra cost, even when the item costs 99 cents.

No-one ever pays $7.45 for a DVD with a thick case (or VHS video tapes, double-CD cases, audio cassettes, or classic 70s/80s/90s video games, the list goes on), so I don't bother listing them anymore, I am sick of eating exorbitent postage costs for items that usually cost less than a pink note simply because they are a bee's stick thicker than two centimetres.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:

Well, "this weekend" is now here, and I'm not seeing anything but the default 40 free listings... In fact I can't even remember the last time I had anything but that.

The last promotion was 3 weeks ago. They have been coming in monthly so my guess is next weekend. Plus next weekend is Easter so they might run one for that anyway.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

hey i think AP are not so great either   , but if a game cost $50 or $80 new and it costs $7.50 for postage  thats how much it cost but because you might sell older or used games for $3   its going to cost the same to send what ever is in the package ,

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

sheepie, it's been 2 months now since stores have had any...

Got about 1200 that need to go back up                         sad.gif

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

AP did have a smaller parcels price but they phased it out a couple of years ago, much to my sadness.  Now I have to charge over $8 just to send a poster (a piece of paper) to someone and it usually goes up annually.  I know this is holding back my success.  I've written to them twice asking (begging) for a lower price for poster tubes or lighter items but they can't do it.  Now that they are bleeding money, it's not ever going to improve.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

OMG I did not realize it was $500 per month

That is even worse!!!

Thanks guys for the update
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

LOL yes its a dam joke how do they work out that AP sends something from Lets say the item comes from china, so i would say the item gets Shipped straight to sydney, then if its coming to me,  i live Rural NSW Tura Beach how do they do it for free ?

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Free listings?

After all, that is the subject of this thread.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Two hours until April Fools' Day, not a thing. Why does eBay Australia hide the promotions anyway? On the US site, they put the promotions in plain view on the announcements page - on the Australian site, the announcements page is rarely updated at all (so much for them saying "latest news").

AU announcements page (on the .com website, strangely)

US announcements page

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply